Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Thursday, 20 November 2014

Totoro duet

To cut a long story short, we ordered Chooi-Ee a cajon which wasn't going to ship in time, 
so I semi forced Wynne to play this Totoro duet with me as a peace offering to Choo. 
Wynne finished her exams a week before mine and I told her to learn it, but of course she didn't and left it to the night before we were meant to practice together. 

We practiced together once and roughly got it together and then the second time we met up with Eddy and he brought his camera to help us record. I was actually amazed at the standard we got to for only a few hours of practice. I've never done a duet this long before and it was actually pretty fun. At the start we were battling over the keys and Wynne's hand was sweating all over mine which was eww...haha.
But after a while we seemed to be in harmony and we recorded it on our first try. 

There were a few mistakes here and there but I was pretty happy with the result :)




Filming this was really fun :P 
Most of the time we weren't playing correctly when Eddy was filming at different angles, so it was a nightmare to edit it. I spent two nights at Eddy's helping him edit the video, while also writing up Choo's speech. It was a busy week, but it paid off :D

In the end Brandon managed to find another cajon, but I decided to share this video anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.