I've been inspired by my mum, a person who lives in the kitchen, but demands you stand watch and never touch...however, lately I've been granted permission to help out here and there :].
Crinkling the edges of the dumplings and then lifting a steaming pan set in the middle of the dining table is always a treat in my family. Whether you eat them alone or submerge them in a pool of balsamic vinegar, dumplings are the best! (until your taste buds shrivel up from the overdose of vinegar) and it is one of the first things I've learnt to cook.
I must admit, I'm a slightly obsessed Australian Masterchef follower! I don't aspire to be where they are, but I enjoy watching the contestants push themselves to their limits with fighting determination. It's amazing what you can do under pressure, though...I perform terrible under certain pressure >.>"
You must wonder though, what life they are experiencing...everyday being pushed to your limits. Makes you feel quite...lazy and unaccomplished in comparison.
Anyway I said I like baking, so here are so photos of recipes I have managed to make successful. I must admit I don't take photos as often as I should, but from now on I'll try to take them...unless they are ugly.
Stain glass lollipops
Random piping technique stuck on a chocolate egg
Checkerboard cookies
I'm still really crap at cooking, but it's fun when you watch people enjoy your food, however it is kind of nerve wracking when they test it ><"


*LIKE*
ReplyDeletejudiichan's blogging is getting proo :D
ReplyDelete