On Saturday I got up pretty early to make a terrarium for Chooi-Ee. I based it on My Neighbour Totoro. This is one of my favourite scenes from the movie.
At 9am I picked up Esther and we went to a local nursery to buy some plants, then we went back to her house to make it. Mum bought a fishbowl from an opportunity shop for $2 :) I bought three plants:
- Meadow spike moss
- Meadow spike moss
- Golden allusion (totoro like leaf)
- Mosaic plant (pink and green leaves)
I was able to split these plants into three different terrariums, so it was well worth the money!
My brother's terrarium died so I used the left overs to redo his pot.


This is Esther's dog. He has bitten me twice but that day he was calmer and cute for once.
Anyway, Esther was teaching me how to make a terrarium. She uses Perlite and then adds charcoal at the bottom. This is meant to absorb the moisture and filter the soil so you don't get over flooding and yucky bacteria and mould growing inside.

Then you just separate the roots, plant them carefully and water them. Esther added some white pebbles on top of the soil for aesthetics.
Repeat with my brother's pot.
We added some succulents to his. I love succulents and I don't know why. I just find them so cute :3
I'm proud of this little terrarium, it was fun making it with Esther ^^















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.