Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Sunday, 26 October 2014

Rhodedendron gardens

After church one sunny afternoon I joined some of the church people who were going to the Rhodedendron gardens in Olinda. Mum, Esther and I went together and we walked around the gardens and had a picnic :D

I love flowers and being outdoors, so it was a really peaceful afternoon. 



I looked at that flower and thought of a fried egg. 



Esther made dinosaur fairy bread with kaya.  The little kiddies were playing with this flying toy by letting it go and running around catching it. The cute thing about kids is that they can play with the simple things for a long time. 



After our picnic we walked around the gardens. It was way bigger than I had imagined, but I think we walked like 80% of the park. It's really like, natural...which sounds like a stupid statement. But most gardens and parks have like super prim and ordered garden beds which are really pretty, but you can see that like humans have strictly maintained it that way. Some parts of this garden had like lots of walls of flowers but there were also like random bushes and pathways through forest areas which was awesome. 

I like these flower looking leaves. 




There is an on-going joke that Hendrix needs to propose to his gf soon. Zack used every opportunity to demonstrate how to do it and where to do it. Apparently a lot of people take wedding photos in these gardens. I think it's a good idea because when the flowers are out in full bloom, all the colours are really spectacular. We kept on pointing out perfect spots for him to propose :P

This flower is called a waratah, it is a special flower from Australia which is also the state flower for NSW. The ones there were massive. 




We stopped by a lake to rest and some selfies. I love these guys bromance.
Bromance part 1:  




Zack took my phone. 


Not ready. 


OK ready!


More chins you have = more happiness


Bromance part 2:



Aunty Christy tried to sit in between this couple. 


But she was rejected hahahaa. I can see the disappointment hanging off her back. 


Jokes, she got to sit down. Overall it was a really fun day and Esther bought some stuff from the souveneir  shop. I bought a dog and tiger stamp, and then proceeded to stamp all my work when I was bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.