Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Thursday, 2 October 2014

Radiography ball '14

This was the first time I decided to go to my Radiography Ball because the third years are always the ones who plan it. And yeah the three lovely ladies in the photo below were on the planning team and there was no reason to not support the awesome night :) 

The theme was The Oscars and a few hours before Selina RUSHED to help me get ready. 
I wore my black Bardot dress that the Mount peeps bought for me. It has saved me many times and I still love to wear it. 
Anyway, Selina was late and brought all these pink/red nail polishes to choose from. In my frantic state, I chose this UBER BRIGHT SHINY PINK COLOUR. I never knew a colour could cause me so much confusion over my identity. The moment Selina painted my little fingernail, I was like...STOP...WHO AM I...I DON'T WEAR THINK KIND OF PINK NAIL POLISH...IS THAT MY HAND....WHO'S HAND IS THIS? 
But once I got over that stage, I was pretty happy. Thank you Selina, you did an awesome job :) I'm just too much of a tomboy to appreciate this hot pink.  


Anyway, fast forward past Sherry's crappy navigation skills and fears about paying tolls on M1, we reached our venue: Leonda by the Yarra River. 
Because the theme was The Oscars, there were life size cardboard cut outs of Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Gosling and Leonardo Dicaprio. It was great but by the end of the night they were all headless. We are a ruthless bunch of people. Jokes, we'll be nice radiographers. I promise. 

We spammed the photobooth which was really fun :D 








We are a serious bunch


JOKES!

At the beginning there was some finger food going around. I feel like our generation only knows how to take selfies during events like these. Like...what did people do at gatherings before mobile phones? Jokes, but life must have been harder because small talk requires so much effort. *introvert*






This idiot spammed my phone 



Gen made all these table decorations, they even glazed candle holders which was awesome. 











I had gnocchi for entree, it was alright. The other entree was a lemon and pepper chicken dish.




I really liked the salmon for main, it was cooked and seasoned so nicely. But I didn't like the sauce at the bottom. It was really zingy and I don't know..it didn't match to me. 


Sticky date pudding for dessert :) The desserts were really nice, but I ate like half and got up to go to the photobooth...and then they removed all the plates :c I was going to finish that...



It was a fun night :D I actually dance now...or at least TRY to dance.
But I still much prefer to watch people dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.