Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Friday, 10 October 2014

21st Birthday party/ YF

I held my 21st party with my church group on Friday night at home.
Mum bought a gazebo and Dad fixed it together because we planned for an outside dinner :)
I was at uni in the morning and at core group we had surprise evangelism. I was paired with Sandy and we managed to talk to a girl and get her details. I used my perspective cards for the second time yayyy! At the end we presented the gospel and the girl actually said she had fun which was awesome. 

When I got home all the tables and gazebo was ready and I finished off decorating the house, preparing my testimony, music and food. I actually didn't take any photos because I was so busy, so I'm actually pretty sad :c 

Dad was grilling Mum's signature satay on Uncle Alex's handmade grill. The smell of satay was wafting through the house and it was probably the first thing that people smelled as they entered. Mum was busy preparing food in the kitchen, and I really have to thank them for helping me organize this. I have great parents which I'm so grateful to God for.


Cara was the first one to arrive and she saw one of the table cloths catch on fire. Whoops >.>"...it was a unexpected great start to the party haha! Most people rocked up pretty late (like an hour) so for those who came on time we played Bible taboo and had entree bao and spring rolls. 

When dinner got started the sun was starting to set and everyone ate dinner outside. I had lanterns on the tables so the atmosphere was really nice. Sootie and Kitty (the stray cat) hung around the garden and yeah  I think everyone really enjoyed it :D I really loved the setting and there weren't any mozzies or bugs flying around. 

After dinner we gathered in the house and I prepared a slideshow for my testimony. Everyone laughed so hard at the Sunday School flashback photos, their reactions were crazy! 
I felt quite vulnerable that night because I confessed a lot of sins in my life and how God had changed me into His image. I am really glad I could share my testimony to everyone, because really, I wanted to share with them about how God had changed my life and how I wouldn't be who I am today without Him. I was also glad that I could thank a lot of the people there that night who've always been there as a support :) 

After my testimony we got into the desserts and Mum brought out her fondue set :D
I told Mum that I didn't need a cake, all I wanted was DURIAN LOL! But she wanted to use her fondue set so yeah, it was DELICIOUS! 


I should've taken a group photo, half the people are missing from this photo! 


William and Hendrix enjoyed prying open the 2 massive durians Mum bought. I just squatted there in anticipation and it was sooooo delicious, ompho I felt so satisfied after. Hendrix definitely has the crazy-durian-obsessed eyes. 






The durians were definitely a big hit hahaha! Silly Hui hui, I realised my expression didn't change at all. 



 
 
Sam actually bought me an actual cake haha. 


She made a little speech and goodness, it was so emotional. I'm so grateful for her presence in my life. Even though our personalities are so different, we find common love and support in Christ. Sam is one of my friends that I've constantly been with throughout my life as she's always been at church and YF and now we are both leaders in YF together. It has been an awesome journey and man...THE FEELS turned into tears from her sincerity. I was so touched by her words, thank the Lord O my soul for a friend like her.

 The guys bought me a guitar case and strings, portable charger and hair curler, which I am super happy and grateful for :D I like practical gifts hehe. Esther also made me a terrarium!!! 
I love, love, love it!


 
I had an amazing fun night of fellowship and I think I ate wayy too much that night, but it was worth it! I'm so thankful for all these wonderful people God has placed in my life and I was glad they could make it. Indeed no man is an island, every Christian needs a community and family to be supported in and I've found mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.