This year the YF's theme is "Be an Example" taken from 1 Timothy 4:12:
"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
This is probably the most famous verse for youths in the bible. Actually the whole book of 1 Tim is for youths as it is addressed from Apostle Paul to young Timothy. Timothy was left at Ephesus to pastor the church and he was a reserved and weak type of person. Yet God through Paul gives Timothy courage to be an example of the believers.
"Let no man despise thy youth" means "let no one look down upon you because you are young",
hence Esther and I decided to put an eye in the word "despise" as a reminder.
Being young is not an excuse to be bad and shouldn't be a sign of weakness. Rather I pray and wish that I would be and our youths would be courageous for God and be an example in all areas of their life this year.
Esther came over to help me make this banner before YF started. She's really artistic, it was great fun :)
I particularly like her idea of shaping the word 'conversation' into a man. Being an example of the believers in conversation means to control your behaviour and conduct.
We had our first YF night last Friday and I had the opportunity to introduce the theme and start our study on 1 Peter. Esther pumped petrol for the first time on the way home, it was funny :P




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.