I spent the last week of 2013 feeling very happy and fat.
To recap:
Sunday before Christmas: I made these stained glass star cookies for church and accompanied two songs for the choir's christmas presentation. It went really well :]

Aunty Chin-ee made this super delicious cupcake. Underneath all the icing is a huge strawberry, but still...#fatlyf

Christmas eve: I had a fun dinner at Aunty Diane's house. I played a lot of guitar for the carolling and we played Bible taboo which was a lot of fun because everyone joined in :]. I introduced Heads up charades to the guys and they loved the science category. They actually knew what the terms meant.
Christmas day: Mum cooked us noodles and roast duck for lunch which was delicious. Then we went to Brunswick to visit my Aunty and cousins. On the way home I ate a Maccas waffle cone. It was delicious.
- I got a Cotton on onesie from Sam and I wore it immediately and started dancing.
It's a really thin onesie so it's really easy to move around in. Perfect onesie weather atm.
Boxing day: I went shopping at Glenny with Mum and ate lunch with her.
Then I went to see The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug with the mount peeps and it was really awesome :D. I sat next to Caf and Damo and I don't think I've crapped myself so much in the movie theatre before. I was so scared of the spider scenes, I kept shaking the whole row because the spiders jumped out of no where. Caf was laughing so much at me T-T.
After the movie we went to 24 hour Kmart to buy T-shirts for Running Man (will post this soon).
And after dins Caf drove us to St Kilda Botanical gardens and Hedgeley Dene Gardens in Malvern East to scout a good location for RM. Both parks are so beautiful.
We ended the night with another round of Maccas waffle cones.
GOOD DAY.
Post- Boxing day: I went to Uncle Alex's house for dinner with some of the church people. There are a few families that I've grown up with from church, but the youths around my age are all boys. I get along with them, but I was so happy when Matt's girlfriend was there :]
We watched a Doctor Who special episode on TV while feasting. It was a ridiculous episode and I did not understand anything at all.
After dins we played Resistance and Saboteur for the rest of the night and I managed to lose every single game. So sad, but some parts were so funny. I laughed so much I started crying.
Every year I look forward to this magnificent durian cake that one aunt makes. This year I was especially blessed to eat it 3 times. Once at Matt's birthday, Paul's birthday and now Christmas :D

28th Dec: Spent the afternoon/night at Aunty Alicia's house. This is an annual Christmas celebration but this year was special because everyone could make it. Eric, Joel, Cindy, Kenneth and I finally caught up with each other :)
Cindy and I helped to BBQ, there was so much meat!


We played Settlers of Catan with a very smart 8 year old boy and 6 year old girl. They stuck to us like glue and after they ate the ferrero roches, they went absolutely crazy. Ompho!! They kept stealing our wallets and phones, jumping and screaming everywhere. Their energy levels were crazy, and we were all so relieved when they left. They are good kids though, just don't feed them chocolate. Settlers is a good boardgame.
New Years Eve: I can't remember much that happened during the day, but I went to my church's watchnight service. It was a really casual meeting this year, more like a prayer meeting than a service. I played piano for them while Dad led the singspiration. This year elder Stephen encouraged people to share their testimonies from the year, so I actually went up and shared about how God has sustained me and the YF this year. It felt really good sharing my testimony and many people thanked me afterwards. My voice was so shaky at the start but all thanks to God for prompting me to go up spontaneously to speak.
After the meeting we split off into groups and Rachel, Will and I led the youths. I felt really happy that night because we had fellowship with the youths that never come to YF. They were really willing to share and speak as we went around, I felt the connection between everyone. We ended the night with prayer together, and I came home and looked through all of my 2013 blog posts.
Overall 2013 was a brilliant year, but it was very difficult as well.
As I reflected I could only think of the lowest point in the year which made me feel quite upset.
Then I found this video A new year illustration, and it reminded me that it's a new year.
We watched a Doctor Who special episode on TV while feasting. It was a ridiculous episode and I did not understand anything at all.
After dins we played Resistance and Saboteur for the rest of the night and I managed to lose every single game. So sad, but some parts were so funny. I laughed so much I started crying.
Every year I look forward to this magnificent durian cake that one aunt makes. This year I was especially blessed to eat it 3 times. Once at Matt's birthday, Paul's birthday and now Christmas :D

28th Dec: Spent the afternoon/night at Aunty Alicia's house. This is an annual Christmas celebration but this year was special because everyone could make it. Eric, Joel, Cindy, Kenneth and I finally caught up with each other :)
Cindy and I helped to BBQ, there was so much meat!


We played Settlers of Catan with a very smart 8 year old boy and 6 year old girl. They stuck to us like glue and after they ate the ferrero roches, they went absolutely crazy. Ompho!! They kept stealing our wallets and phones, jumping and screaming everywhere. Their energy levels were crazy, and we were all so relieved when they left. They are good kids though, just don't feed them chocolate. Settlers is a good boardgame.
New Years Eve: I can't remember much that happened during the day, but I went to my church's watchnight service. It was a really casual meeting this year, more like a prayer meeting than a service. I played piano for them while Dad led the singspiration. This year elder Stephen encouraged people to share their testimonies from the year, so I actually went up and shared about how God has sustained me and the YF this year. It felt really good sharing my testimony and many people thanked me afterwards. My voice was so shaky at the start but all thanks to God for prompting me to go up spontaneously to speak.
After the meeting we split off into groups and Rachel, Will and I led the youths. I felt really happy that night because we had fellowship with the youths that never come to YF. They were really willing to share and speak as we went around, I felt the connection between everyone. We ended the night with prayer together, and I came home and looked through all of my 2013 blog posts.
Overall 2013 was a brilliant year, but it was very difficult as well.
As I reflected I could only think of the lowest point in the year which made me feel quite upset.
Then I found this video A new year illustration, and it reminded me that it's a new year.
2014 is here and I'm ready to move forward again without looking back at my failures and sins.
I'm ready because I'm not my past,
I'm not my mistakes,
I'm not my pain,
I'm not my addiction,
I'm not a failure,
and I'm not chained anymore by sin.
I'm God's child,
I am forgiven for my failures,
I'm cleansed by the blood of Christ and accepted by Him.
I am a new creation.
WELCOME 2014
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.