Today I went to Werribee Zoo with Sherry and Nicki from uni. None of us have been before and the weather was absolutely beautiful today, so I really enjoyed it :)
Sherry and I drove there together and picked Nicki up from the closest station. She missed her train so we wandered a bit in the town and filled our stomach with some fob rolls. So delicious and cheap, I love it.
When we got to Werribee the line was MASSIVE because it was school holidays. We missed the lion show so I was a bit bummed :(
When we got in the first thing we did was line up for the safari bus.
The tour went for about 30-40 mins. They had animals like zebras, hippos, camels, gazelles and rhinos but I absolutely loved the herd of giraffes that were walking through the plain.
After the tour we walked around the zoo. This animal fact about cheetahs scared me.
"A cheetah's full stride can be as long as 8m. How long is your stride? Can you match the cheetah's prints?"
I took one leap and was like..nope, if I see a cheetah I'm just going to lay down and give up.
We got ice-cream and watched these lazy hippos. I thought they were giant boulders until one went down into the water.
Hippos just enjoying life by the fake pond.
After that Sherry and Nicki got hungry, so they bought these German sausage hotdogs. It looked so delicious but I was still full from my fob roll.
Then we sat down and waited for the gorilla show to start.
There were three male gorillas. It was a pretty interesting show, the gorillas actually beat their chests and tried to bulldoze each other hahahaa. Even though they are family (father and two sons) they have their own territories and drive each other away if they overstep the boundaries. It sounds like my brother and I at home.
Here's a random cute meerkat. There were heaps of them around.
We also entered this Australian area where emus and kangaroos were roaming freely. I was like so surprised because at Healsville the emus are behind fences. Here we could touch them if we wanted to...and boy did some kids run after them haha. I felt sorry for them.
At the end of the day I bought these giraffe earrings from the shop. I love them ^^
I love animals and I was glad I could finally experience Werribee Zoo :)
Sherry and I got stuck in traffic on the way home but we played Black Stories so it was fun.
Sherry and I got stuck in traffic on the way home but we played Black Stories so it was fun.
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.