Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Wednesday, 14 October 2015

October outings

The first two weeks of this month was pretty chill, so I went for a few CGF dinners.
We ate at a Korean restaurant and ordered this army stew. I was really looking forward to it because I've seen similar things on Korean variety shows.



I was sadly disappointed :(
I guess it really felt like the army because it was just spam and sausages for the meat. The stew was really spicy and thick, it was weird. I thought it was going to thin out into a spicy broth. I always feel like spam is some cheap off cut "meat". Apparently Korean people love spam and they have luxurious spam to celebrate one of their holidays.
I couldn't believe it, but check out Eatyourkimchi's commentary on it: Korean Spam

Hui Xian has gone back to Singapore for good *cries* but she recommended the Cheese fire chicken dish which saved the night. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day I went to Sherry's so that we could force each other to study. After all the heavy stress of assignments was over, the semester  became really relaxed. Even when we didn't understand the exam questions...we weren't motivated to do anything. But anyway, we managed to review some CT and after studying in the morning, I took her out to Persian Flavours.
We had the garlic naan and goat curry. 


Whenever I eat out with Sherry my food experience just levels up. It's the total opposite with my family though. I take my parents somewhere, and they are like..hmm..it's ok. When I take Sherry she enjoys it and hence I enjoy it more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the 10th I made cupcakes because I went to my parent's bible study group for dinner. I usually never go, but the host asked me to eat with them. I decided to make red velvet cupcakes, one with minimal icing and one with lots for the sweet tooths. 


Then on the 11th was church anniversary :) Thank God the choir performed so well, Carol and I were so surprised because honestly it wasn't sounding too good, even in the morning practice. But when it was the real performance, it was like amazing. It's like everyone suddenly woke up and unified.  Praise God that He has sustained the choir under Carol and I because I was really worried. We sang two songs: In Christ Alone and O Rejoice in the Lord. I was so proud of Lynette who accompanied the first song, she practiced so hard >_<! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday the 12th I caught up with Damo, Joey and Brandon for brekky in Glenny.
I asked everyone to meet at this little cafe next to the station hoping that we would eat there...but it was raining outside and the inside didn't have proper seating. So I just ordered a coffee before we moved to find a better place to eat. 



Brandon and I ended up getting Breadtop and while Joey and Damo got some toasties. We walked around for a while before deciding what to eat. There was hardly anything affordable for breakfast from the cafes, I want to make a rule that breakfast should be like...max $10! We ended up in Gloria Jeans for a few hours, but I felt like it wasn't even long enough because we hardly catch up with Damo. 

In the afternoon I caught up with Olivia at uni. She disciples me through Student Life and has really supported and led me a lot this year. Despite being a chill month, a lot of struggles were piling up and she helped me stop myself from spiraling out of control. No matter how strong a person appears to be, everyone has their weaknesses. I thank God that he has placed her in my life to be a listening and gentle leader.
(._.") what will I do without her next year....
I don't even want to think about it T-T

In the evening my brother was hosting a dinner party. My brother had been cooking/preparing food for like 3 days and I must say, he did a good job. The only thing he screwed up was the roasted potatoes. For some reason they were super salty, so Mum and him was stressed about how to dilute them hahaha. I helped to decorate the place with candles and plucked some flowers for this table decoration. 


I love it when you find new uses for old things :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I end with Gen's snapchat at uni. Gen and Sherry were originally sitting next to me on the grass, but got attacked by some insect and scurried away. I couldn't be bothered moving because I was concentrated on writing up my job applications. 


Sigh...I don't even want to think about jobs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.