Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Friday, 30 October 2015

Bear Fruit Project: MEEKNESS!

This month's Bear Fruit Project was to cultivate the fruit of meekness.
Meekness and gentleness should not be mistaken for weakness but it should be seen as the strength in a person’s character to pursue things other than pride and power.
Especially as Christians, it may be particularly hard to see our non-Christian counterparts rising to power and authority over us. We must instead remember not to let our own selfish pride or ego grow when correcting someone or achieving our ambitions, but rather be "... subject to one another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble." (I Peter 5:5).

Esther and I bought dove soaps and wrapped them in tissue paper (from my Kiehl's box) and then printed paper tags and the message above. 





Jesus is our ultimate example of meekness/humility.
Jesus washed the disciples’ feet; including Judas the one he knew was going to betray Him (John 13). He set the prime example of meekness for us and we imitated Jesus’ example by washing each other’s feet.

The group split into two after discussion, with half going outside to wash feet and the other to package the soaps and messages :). It was a really successful night!

Below are some videos I took of my group. It was actually really funny :P

Will and Hendrix's bromance

Hendrix really getting in between the toes/underneath the nails eekkk! 


Me washing Sam's feet and accidentally giving her a cramp >.>


And Kaitlyn washing mine. The other group was awkwardly/anxiously waiting for their turn in the last video hahaha





When we were packing up Esther and I accidentally broke the hose connection because it reeled back really fast and smashed into something :/ So sorry Aunty!!  


I've always wanted to do this activity with the youths and especially among the leaders. Meekness or humbleness is the segment of the fruit of the Spirit which I lack the most. But I strive to be a humble person, just like my Lord Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.