Christmas is coming again and the festive season is alive. Just a few hours ago a large group of carolers came to my doorstep. They were so happy and spread the Christmas cheer.
So why so happy?
To me Christmas is one of the happiest events of the year because I'm reminded of God's love for mankind. People ask why doesn't God just show himself to us today so we can all believe more easily. But the answer is that he has already done that.
Christmas is when God manifested himself as human flesh to live among us and save us from sin. Jesus Christ stepped out of heaven to be born of a virgin in Bethlehem 2000 years ago. He did it because he loves us and wants to share with us His gift of salvation through Calvary. Jesus Christ gave us His life because he knew we cannot save ourselves from sin. He is both fully man and fully God.
Every Christmas I feel that love from Jesus Christ reignite and am reminded of His sacrifice to bring me into a relationship with Him. See God didn't give us a bunch of methods or prayers to memorise and recite again and again to gain salvation. God gave us Jesus, a person! And He says, here I'm sending you my son who will give you salvation through His life and it is free. When you accept Him, He will always be with you and take care of you for he is called Emmanuel, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father and the Prince of Peace. I know that Jesus is all these things yet He is also gentle and kind and His love me makes me joyful and thankful :) It makes me want to celebrate and thank Him for what he has done for me in the past year.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Saviour because He first loved me and opened my heart to receive his gift of salvation. All I did was respond and since then I know I'm not alone in life because Jesus is by my side every step of the way. Through His examples He has taught me to love and give, so this Christmas I want to share why I'm so joyful, why Christmas is a happy event to me and to remind you that you can't celebrate Christmas fully without thanking Christ first.
Christmas is all about presents in the secular world. When you receive a gift you are happy and grateful to the person that took the time to prepare you something. That person gave it to you because they love you and want to show you how much you mean to them. In the same way, God wants you to receive His love by accepting Jesus Christ, who is the gift of salvation. All you have to do is to receive his love by believing that Jesus died for your sins to save you from destruction.
'For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life'. John 3:16.
I have a great God and I want to spend my life proclaiming to others of the goodness and greatness of God. It is out of love that God gave us Jesus Christ. Yet people reject Jesus Christ before even trying to know Him. Every Christmas is an opportunity to know Jesus Christ, so will it really hurt to just listen to His message even once before passing judgement?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.