Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Anita's wedding

My Sunday school teacher got married last Saturday and she asked me to play piano for her wedding.
I was so excited leading up to it! I couldn't take any photos during the ceremony but I did take a video at the reception.

But firstly, I finally found the right time to get my nails done by Selina. I must make use of my birthday present from her :) I'm think getting more feminine every year. I love this French manicure, she did an awesome job.


Mum asked me to make a card for them. At first I refused because I'm not good at making wedding cards, but Mum said that she doesn't want to spend like $6-8 on a card. Fair enough, so I dug around my box of random decorations and found this nice message thingy.





The music pieces I played was:
1. Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring - entrance of the bride
2. Two hymns during the service
3. In His Time - choir performance
4. Wedding march - exit of the bride and groom

The wedding march was sooooooooooo fun to play. I loved it because I was on the grand piano with Asha (organist) and Esther (flautist), so it was really GRAND!

At the reception the food was great and I had a fun time catching up with people. I feel like I've been so busy with YF meetings and choir on Sundays that I don't get the chance to really talk to people anymore. The groom gave the bride a surprise by singing 'Can't take my eyes off you', and it was so gooey yet so romantic. They played a lot classic 80s? or 90s? music, I dunno, but the atmosphere was really nice :)

When the night ended, in my opinion something really amazing happened. Most of our church attended the wedding so when everyone was satisfied with their meal, literally EVERYONE helped to clean up the hall. There was so much to clean and put away, it was amazing to see the teamwork between all the members. Young and old worked together and I really felt like my church was one massive family. We weren't just celebrating Anita and Con's families coming together, we were celebrating like they were our own family who had just found happiness together. And truly Christian friends are family, we are all part of the true family of God and we share true happiness together. It is something so special and I'm so thankful to God for giving me a place where I belong.

That night really brings to life this passage from 1 Corinthians 12,
vs. 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
vs. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee; nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
vs 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
vs. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Congratulations Anita and Con :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.