Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Sunday, 6 January 2013

Macaroon lessons

Yesterday I learnt how to make macaroons from my friend. I've tried making them before but I failed because I didn't get the consistency of the mixture correct.

The macaroons from this recipe are DELICIOUS!
They aren't overpoweringly sweet like most of the cafe ones.

Our arrangements ended up being like a youth group day because lots of people on NYE heard about it and came along to watch/ play games/jam.

It was a really, really fun day :]
We made macaroons and pizza together and everyone was just like, very happy dappy all day.

We decided to make the basic green macaroons. I made the ganache in the morning, so we were just learning how to make the shells. We all watched Hendrix as he stepped through the processes. Then everyone had a go at piping.

The guys piped the second tray, hence the nice oblong shells :P




What makes a macaroon is the two different textures.
The "feet" which I call the bubbly layer, and the smooth shell top. When I first made it, I didn't get the smooth shell top. 



Freshly baked macaroons~
I love all the spazzo colours :]

We hardly left any for the others. 



Then it was pizza dough making time.
Harry pulled out this recipe for 'Romanian dough' and they ended up kneading it for about 40 mins.

Hendrix trying to redeem the pizza dough. 




After what seemed like a marathon effort, the dough wasn't perfect but it was close enough.

We chopped up this gigantic eggplant.  It was massive...



We made garlic and 3-cheese pizza, Hawaiian, Supreme and this 'all or nothing' pizza. 








We attempted to slide all the pizzas into the oven at once, but the all or nothing pizza couldn't fit in between the oven racks.

So Harry smashed it down with his makeshift glass bottle rolling pin.


Hawaiian and the 3-cheese pizza straight from the oven. 



Uncle cut this massive watermelon for dessert. We used the remaining ganache as a spread for a dessert pizza and tried to top it with mango. The flavours kind of matched... It didn't taste bad, but it wasn't fantastic either. Oh well~ as long as we don't waste food :] 


1 comment:

  1. WHYYYY didn't our macaroons turn out like thatttt? :'(

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.