This is my KJV bible that Mum gave to me in 2002.
It's not in the greatest condition so I decided to make a book cover for it.
The edges are all ragged and torn :(



It's not in the greatest condition so I decided to make a book cover for it.
The edges are all ragged and torn :(
When I was a kid I had a sticker collection and it made it's way into my bible.
I was a stupid kid that stuck random stuff everywhere.
I was thinking of buying a new bible, but I don't really like the new super thin pages. It's really hard to flip @_@! Plus I remember bible verses by where they are on the page. I don't really remember the exact chapter and verse, but I know that it's on the left or right side or top/middle/bottom of the page. So it would take a long time to get used to a new bible...But maybe one day I'll get a new one...
I decided to make a cross stitch to put on the front cover. I have all these different threads because of the Noah's Ark cross stitch I completed a few years ago. I googled a lot of designs to find something appropriate to follow, but in the end I couldn't find any free projects that I liked.
Sooo, I printed off some grids and designed it myself. I took the verses from 1 Corinthians 13, which is about the qualities of love and tried to stitch them into a love heart shape.
I didn't really know what I was doing with the design, so after a few attempts at establishing a font, I kind of just made up the love heart shape as I went along.
It was a bit of a nuisance though, because I had to count the stitches in attempt to make the words fit into a symmetrical heart shape. BUT I GOT THERE...
I kept printing out grids to plan it perfectly, but in the end I gave up and winged it.
That's why it's not completely in the middle of the fabric, which made it hard to sew onto the book cover after.
That's why it's not completely in the middle of the fabric, which made it hard to sew onto the book cover after.
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, nor boast. It is not proud, rude, self-seeking, easily provoked, nor thinks of evil.
Love rejoices not in iniquity, but in truth. It bears, believes, hopes and endures in all things.
I had to cut it down from the original which is:
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.
Doth no behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoicheth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1 Cor 13: 4-7
My mum sewed the book cover together because I'm a failure at using a sewing machine. We bought thin denim fabric and some ribbon for the edging from Spotlight. This is the final result :)
The yellow is a bit hard to read when it's bright, but I hope that makes people stop and take a closer look at the words of scripture.
It does not envy, nor boast. It is not proud, rude, self-seeking, easily provoked, nor thinks of evil.
Love rejoices not in iniquity, but in truth. It bears, believes, hopes and endures in all things.
I had to cut it down from the original which is:
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.
Doth no behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoicheth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1 Cor 13: 4-7
My mum sewed the book cover together because I'm a failure at using a sewing machine. We bought thin denim fabric and some ribbon for the edging from Spotlight. This is the final result :)
The yellow is a bit hard to read when it's bright, but I hope that makes people stop and take a closer look at the words of scripture.
While you can read your bible online/ipad/mobile phone now, nothing beats the feeling
of having a real bible book in your hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.