Just Break the Limit - UVERworld
(English translation)
100 pages of dreams in my heart that I want to fulfil
I believe that’s what really decides whether you win or lose
I threw my notebook high up in the air, and tried writing down
Everything that popped into my head on the page it opened at
Things I'm curious about, my first love, what I want, words of people I admire
And things I can’t say – I just wrote all kinds of things
Come to that, there was another day
When I wrote my dreams again and again with a thick pen
100 pages of dreams in my heart that I want to fulfil
The number of things I gave up on is the same as my number of losses
The data produced by my experiences that went badly
Proved that the number of things I didn't give up on
Is the same as my number of things I achieved
At 18 I gave up on the piano because I thought it was too late to
start
When I was 20 I locked the thought away for the same reason
Two years later, I started learning the piano and didn't give up
And the many melodies gave me now – including this now
With the 88 keys that told me it’s never too late
I put together sounds, little by little, that continued to tomorrow
I must have decided I couldn't do it and ended it
And at some point I felt even my destination began to feel far away
Or rather
I know reality exists and glossing over things won’t cut it
One day I churned up the field in a running race
And lost because I slowed down in the last 10m
The frustration I felt still hasn't gone
I believe that’s what really decides whether you win or lose
100 pages of dreams in my heart that I want to fulfil
The number of things I gave up on is the same as my number of losses
The data produced by my experiences that went badly
Proved that the number of things I didn't give up on
Is the same as my number of things I achieved
The truth was, I didn't care about being too late
I was scared because I remember the things that went badly more strongly
I won’t put giving up back to back with growing up
This time, the last 10m will be my moment to shine
UVERworld is one of my favourite bands.
This was the only YouTube video I could find that had this song! It's filled with all these random anime clips.
Anyhooo~
This was the only YouTube video I could find that had this song! It's filled with all these random anime clips.
Anyhooo~
I've been thinking a lot about my goals for the new year.
Last year the verse I wanted to focus on was,
"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Psalm 119:11
"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Psalm 119:11
I really tried to memorize verses into my heart each week, and I did well for about 4 months.
But after about half a year I dropped the ball and became complacent.
I felt the difference in my walk with God because of this failure. This year I will try hard to memorise new verses every fortnight. I will not give up because I know of the blessings I received in my heart from remembering the scriptures. This year I have not found a particular verse yet, but I do have new resolves.
But after about half a year I dropped the ball and became complacent.
I felt the difference in my walk with God because of this failure. This year I will try hard to memorise new verses every fortnight. I will not give up because I know of the blessings I received in my heart from remembering the scriptures. This year I have not found a particular verse yet, but I do have new resolves.
I know that this year will be tough, I have committed to new responsibilities that will test me.
I took them on because I knew the need and calling from God to step up and try.
I think the biggest thing I've learned from last year is to try. It wasn't trying to do things I knew I had a good chance of accomplishing, but things which I had no confidence in doing.
As a result, I really felt like I grew because I began to let go of some of my worries and gained confidence. I stopped making excuses about my lack of experience and trusted in God to do what was necessary. I learned that you can't wait or rely on people around you to take action. If it's in your opportunity and ability, you should take the first step and do something. You can't always be the follower and believe that others will take care of things. Of course I'm not trying to take on everything by myself, but a church is made up of believers, all of which are responsible of taking care of the church and community.
I've always been reserved, and I still am at large, but this year I don't want to back down from the opportunities that come.
I want to step out of my shell and overcome my shyness.
I want to speak up and greet others happily,
I want to become a humble leader that is able to care and understand others,
and above all,
I want to show the world of my love for God without fear.
Recently I've found myself thinking over things I should have said,
not conversations where I could've had the last word,
but rather opportunities where I could've reached out to somebody to talk to them
and get to know them more.
There were too many people I didn't open up to because of my shyness.
I find myself willing to do something, to say something, to offer something, yet there is always something that holds me back at the last moment. I don't know what it is, but it frustrates me a lot.
This is something I want to change as I take on the challenges of 2013.
and get to know them more.
There were too many people I didn't open up to because of my shyness.
I find myself willing to do something, to say something, to offer something, yet there is always something that holds me back at the last moment. I don't know what it is, but it frustrates me a lot.
This is something I want to change as I take on the challenges of 2013.
I think many people will be setting personal goals for the new year, and they will strive to achieve it alone. But as a Christian, I do not feel like I'm tackling these challenges alone.
God is always near me and I will trust in His guidance. For 'with men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' Matt 19:26
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.