Eddy and I have had this goal of making Nutella ice cream since like mid way through last year.
Last week we finally got around to it at Selina's house because she's got an ice cream maker :]
Eddy being Eddy arrived like 2 hours late. He missed his alarm and broke his shoe or some horrible
life-hates-me reason like that.
So Selina and I started making the vanilla ice cream base. The plan was to make that and then add melted Nutella at the end.
I have poor memory but I think this was milk, cream and vanilla essence on the stove.

Last week we finally got around to it at Selina's house because she's got an ice cream maker :]
Eddy being Eddy arrived like 2 hours late. He missed his alarm and broke his shoe or some horrible
life-hates-me reason like that.
So Selina and I started making the vanilla ice cream base. The plan was to make that and then add melted Nutella at the end.
I have poor memory but I think this was milk, cream and vanilla essence on the stove.
Then you whisk the sugar and eggs together and add it to the mixture on slow heat.
If a kid ever brought a Nutella sandwich to school, I'd be eyeing that sandwich like a hawk.
My mum never buys it, so it's a rare treat.
My mum never buys it, so it's a rare treat.
Derp face decides to show up.
Melted Nutella smells so good~
Gelateria...sah fancy.
We added the vanilla base mixture first and let it churn for a while, and then added the Nutella.
We poured the ice cream into the tub and watched Pitch Perfect while we waited for it to freeze.
It was really sweet, we probably went too crazy with the Nutella.
It was really sweet, we probably went too crazy with the Nutella.
Pizza, homemade Nutella ice cream and movies.
It was a well needed catch up sesh + a fun time experimenting.
It was a well needed catch up sesh + a fun time experimenting.
And Selina did my nails, I asked her to do the confetti stuff because I'm girly and childish like that.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.