For my second round of rotation, I've been posted back to Traralgon :D! Nobody from Melbourne seems to be able to say the town's name properly, so I've resulted to saying "I'm home from Trararaland again".
This time round I'm staying for three months and am living with a housemate. When I moved in I scared the heck out of my housemate (we've never met before) because she left the front door open and I walked straight into the house. I live with the nuclear medical intern in the same radiology department, and she had only one week left in Trararaland. But in that one week I got to know her pretty well and she made me do some crazy stuff like go to a 6.30am boxing class. This is my snapchat photo.
I don't remember how she persuaded me to go, but I was glad and sore the next few days.
Since it was her last week she also made two cakes. I helped her out to make this raw frozen berry cake (it's not chocolate) and a lemon cheesecake. Both of them were super yum!!
She also had a farewell dinner planned by her co-workers in the department, so I went with her to a restaurant in town. It was a really nice place, but pretty pricey :S Western food is always like $$$ compared to asian food. But anyway, after one week my first housemate left and another nuclear medicine intern moved in :)
So in week 2, my new housemate helped me ferociously beat cream with a whisk because I wanted to make some ripple cake. I didn't have a whisk or electric beater, so I had to go to the supermarket to buy one and the cheapest was $10! It was such a rip off that I was contemplating if I could beat the cream with a fork. Thankfully I bought the whisk because it took me a good 15 mins to whip it without an electric beater.
I wanted to make a dessert because I was invited to Lionel's house as Jo and Jia were visiting. Paul was bunking with Lionel because he had a rural rotation as well, so we all had an awesome catch up BBQ.
I decided to make my ripple cake into a donut shape. I was damn proud of my donut ripple cake, though I had nothing to decorate it with. But it was cosy and fun, so no complaints :)
Lionel's house is really small and he doesn't really have a dining table or couch. Jo and Lionel barbecued outside his front door which was funny :P
He lives on the main road so everybody could see our late night cooking.
On the inside Paul, Jia and I did the other sides like making salad and wedges.
Wedges > chips.
Wedges > chips.
It was a great night having Jo and Jia back :)))) They came to celebrate Heidi and Damien's wedding, but I was really glad they visited us in Trararaland.
We talked heaps about the weird side of the medical world as everyone is a doctor except me.
Oh well....medical imaging is close enough! I love my x-rays.
Oh well....medical imaging is close enough! I love my x-rays.
After Jo and Jia left, I stuck around a little bit more and then my lip started to randomly swell.
I think I had an allergic reaction to something, but I still haven't figured out what it is. I went to work the next day and it took the whole day to settle down.
I really hope it wasn't a food allergy because...FOOD IS LIFE.












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.