Working in Traralgon is awesome, I fit into the department really well because I was there last year.
This weekend was Daimz and Heidi's wedding :) They were both my YF leaders, so it's awesome to see them get married. They had their wedding in Bethel BP church, which is where my parents used to worship. My dad was the one who did those words on the wall - "O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness". In bible-presbyterian churches we seem to avoid putting up symbols of the cross, but this verse can commonly be found near the pulpit.
I was really excited to see Daimz in a suit and Heidi in a wedding dress hahaha. They are really humble people who dress casually, so I couldn't imagine them all dressed up. Heidi was lovely in her dress and they decorated the sanctuary with bright sunflowers.
Yvonne and Jia presented a special music item as well which was sweet :)
They are two of my fav music people.
They are two of my fav music people.
I managed to get Heidi walking down the aisle :D
I bought these two a pair of Geelong toothbrushes as a joke. Though I hope they actually use it :P
Their pastor gave a message from Psalm 127:1a -
"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it..."
I thought it was a good message that reminded us that without Christ as the centre of our lives, whatever we labour for is in vain.
"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it..."
I thought it was a good message that reminded us that without Christ as the centre of our lives, whatever we labour for is in vain.
After the wedding service we mingled in the courtyard and ate lots of good food.
I liked their wedding "cheesecake", though I didn't stick around long enough to eat it. I thought it was very clever, though I'm not sure if they had a real wedding cake.
I also caught Heidi yelling at her dress? I can't remember why haha
Waldrobe malfunction maybe?
Anyway, may God bless these two awesome people!
Daimz's testimony has always been one of the most dramatic. His life has been radically transformed by Jesus Christ, though he had to learn it in a very hard way. His story always inspires me to never give up hope and prayer.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.