Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Friday, 24 April 2015

Bear Fruit Project: PEACE

This month's Bear Fruit Project was to reach out to all the women in our church with handmade peace charms. All of the youths helped out to make these charms by hooking pre-made (or making their own) charms and adding a ribbon. Each charm has a symbol of peace - the dove. 

This is the message we sent to alongside all of the charms. 
This month we have learned what it means to cultivate God’s peace or “shalom” in our lives. 
Shalom means wholeness and salvation and it is not experienced by just an inner state of mind, but rather a way of life (Luke 1:79). To live a life experiencing God’s peace firstly means to be reconciled with Him through Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. Then we must consistently do what is right because the effect of righteousness is peace (Ps 119:165). Righteousness and peace kiss each other (Psalms 85:10) and our Lord says clearly that there is no peace for the wicked (Isa 48:22). 
We’ve learned that God wants us to be at peace in every relationship at home, church, work, school and play. Thus we hope to spread God’s peace through this small message and handmade gifts. We pray for all the women in this church to be peacemakers in their homes and bear fruit by trusting fully in the power of the Holy Spirit. 

“Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.” Matt 5:9

The results were really awesome. At the start of Bear Fruit Project I wasn't able to participate on Friday nights because of work. Esther lead the first two BFP's that was:
Bear Fruit Project: LOVE and Bear Fruit Project: JOY. 

BFP: LOVE was writing letters to the sick members of our church and packing the envelopes with goodies. We were able to connect with these sick people who aren't able to attend church and spread the love of Christ. When the person I sent my letter to came to church that week with it in her hand and looking for me I was overjoyed. I was able to connect with somebody I had never talked to, yet somehow we were instantly able to connect with a hug. Christ's love paves the way and truly connects us. 

BFP: JOY was connecting with the Sunday School kids. We made them toys and worksheets and 6-7 of us led a Sunday school session of singspiration, teaching and games. It was seriously so much fun because children produce natural, pure and innocent joy. 

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the youth make the things Esther and I planned out for those sessions, but from the stories it always sounded so fun. Tonight I was finally able to join and co-lead BFP, and see the youths all working together to bear fruit for God! It was really amazing, I felt like everyone understood the local mission and worked hard to complete 40 charms. 







After making each charm we packaged them into a bag with the message and chocolate. 


It was a big effort, but it was totally worth seeing the youths hand it out after the church service :) 

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.