In Traralgon there is a funny reg doc who is studying to become a radiologist. He is the really mischievous and always leaves his office to work/play with the radiographers. When I was being trained in fluoroscopy he made a few of us drink double contrast to make us experience what our patients go through. Double contrast studies are for the esophageal-stomach studies where the patient drinks barium and then a mixture of bicarb soda and acidic lemon-tasting liquid. The barium appears white on xray and then the mixture produces carbon dioxide gas which appears black. Thus a greater contrast is made for diagnosis.
I've never seen anybody do a double contrast study across all my different student placements, so I was pretty sure the reg was just making us do it for shits and giggles. I couldn't escape him that day because I was working with him hahaha. We ended up having a competition of who would burp the last. The mixture made me burp throughout the whole day, even when I was trying to fall asleep in bed :(
This week in Traralgon I made tiramisu and banana choc chip muffins. One of the radiologist hates banana and he accidentally took and bit into one. I thought I was going to receive his wrath LOL but he was still kind to me...though he did have to spit it out. In my defense I clearly labelled it.
On the weekend we celebrated Sherry's birthday at Mrs Kim's grill - korean BBQ. It was really good, we ordered one of each of the meats (I'm salivating as I remember the food). I liked the lamb and beef the most and we tried the kimchi tacos. I like kimchi, but the tacos weren't as exciting as I expected.
It was a pretty cold night so it was perfect for a BBQ :)
I think they need to add some meat and at least warm up the taco next time.
It was great catching up with the radiography uni mates. We hadn't seen each other for months because we started the PCP semester first.
After dinner we played pool which was relaxing and fun. Pool is such a good social sport.
Gen's game face and competitive spirit is strong! Anyway, happy birthday Sherry!
The following weekend I had a few days off so I was back in Melbourne. I made these feta cheese triangles which turned out really yum ^^ I think next time I'll have to use more butter in the filo pastry, it was a bit dry.
That weekend I was in charge of games at the YF meeting. I decided to play chair basketball, which is a game I remember watching on Running man. Everyone sits on a chair and there are two wastepaper baskets in the corner of the room. Everyone's butts must stay on the chair as the ball gets thrown around and first team to pocket 5 goals win.
I was surprised by how heated the competition got between everyone haha. It was really, really fun and a tad bit too violent at times. BUT ALL GOOD because nobody got seriously hurt. Oh yeah there is my Noah's Ark cross stitch hanging on the wall in the background ^^. View my Noah's ark cross stitch here: http://quaverbeats.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/xx-noahs-ark-xx.html
Winners and losers, their faces say it all.
Group shot!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.