Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Thursday, 14 May 2015

Trararaland #4 CGF sky lounge and Ellen visits

After settling in for a month in Traralgon, I joined two netball teams: a mixed and girls team. 
I was really excited because it's been like a year and half since I stopped netball. I remember feeling extremely sad when I physically couldn't run anymore. But thank God for my rehabilitation sessions which got me back on my feet so I could work and walk without pain. Mum banned me from playing netball after doing the rehab, but after a year of no netball I couldn't pass the opportunity to play in Traralgon :P 
I seriously thank God that I could play for two teams without any pain in my feet. I feel like I can return to playing regularly soon...though my priorities in life have changed. But at least I know it's possible :D 

Anyway I only filled in for the mixed team (it was fun to play with the other radiology staff members), but I registered as a player for the girls team. When I played for the girls team I would drive to Jodie's house which was a stereotypical cosy country house. I absolutely loved it because they have all the animals! I got to play with her cats and long neck turtles. Long neck turtles have the goofiest expressions, they looked like they were constantly smiling. 
She also had a wonderful fireplace and these flying stuffed ducks hung over the door. I thought that was pretty cool haha. 


Ellen was on some weird uni holiday in May, so she slept over in Traralgon for a night. We attempted to cook a matcha white chocolate brownie using a recipe Ellen found on the internet. It looks like a slab of lawn with mushrooms to me, but it tasted pretty good. 


That night we invited Lionel over and made japanese curry and garlic bread. This combination is so dericioussss! Lionel read through a book I wanted his opinion on while Ellen and I baked. It was a really nice time having them over :)


I tried making scones with Ellen, but she was so addicted to kneading the scones that they became rock hard after baking it. Ah well...it still tasted good with cream and jam. 

At night Ellen and I watched movies until I konked out because of work. Ellen brought pancake mixture so I made pancakes for brekky. The last one kind of looked like a roti. 


Ellen came on Monday and stayed till Tues. She followed Lionel to work and observed (she's a medical student) and then we all went to the city for City Gospel Fellowship (CGF). The first time Lionel asked me if I wanted to go to the city from Traralgon for bible study, I was like...YOU CRAZY. He told me it was "just down the road" and I responded...yes, the very long, long road. 
It takes over 2 hours to get from Traralgon to the city. 

We didn't it every week but I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed the car rides there and back. I was half freaking out about how to continue the conversation with Lionel (who I never really talked to at all before Traralgon), but our conversations flowed naturally for the whole trip and it made the journey seem almost too short. The conversations we had were therapeutic for me (probably because he's a reg studying psychiatry) and I learned a lot psychology and how to communicate with people better from him.

Anyway it was special CGF that night because Harry invited us all to have bible study in the Sky lounge in his apartment. I've never been up so high and it was both exhilarating and terrifying. It was weird going from trees, cows and grass to city lights all in one night. The view was amazing though I was too scared to go near the windows. I also unexpectedly lost my appetite when I was up there. Which was weird because I didn't have a proper dinner...and I always eat :(
That night I concluded that humans should not live this high off the ground. It's not natural to me hahaha



In other news: I made this flourless choc and orange cake because my eggs were about to expire. The recipe is by Julie Goodwin (first winner of Masterchef) and it was so damn delicious. I need more of this cake in my life. 



I also went out with my housemate and some of the radiology staff to watch the Avengers in Morwell. It was fun night out ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.