Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Saturday, 8 April 2017

Queenstown NZ day 5

Today was the last day of the conference. I was definitely feeling the information overload, but it was totally worth it! We had international speakers, but I really liked one of the NZ breast oncologists. She gave a few lectures and I could really feel her love for people 😊.
At the end of the day, I want to increase my knowledge for my patients. I have no idea what they are going through, but if I can at least understand some of their pathways in cancer treatment and specific breast cancer, I can talk to them with greater understanding. 

This conference also helped me understand the different imaging modalities in breast. I always knew Ultrasound was routine, but it definitely gave me a new knowledge in breast MRI. It was all very interesting :D 

Anyway after the conference I headed to the pier because I booked in a Thunderjet ride on Lake Wakatipu! The weather was absolutely beautiful again :) 



There was a Saturday market and I bought a little dress for a friend's daughter. The lady was making the clothes right in front of me. I can't sew, so I appreciated her talent. 


Anyway, I had a lot of fun speeding around the lake and down the river! We got to see areas which you wouldn't be able to see from the ground. The driver would stop and teach us about the area which I liked a lot. 
This is The Remarkables mountain which is famous spot for shooting movies...
including LOTR *fangasm*!
hahaha he said to imagine a dark sky with CGI lava and boom, hello MORDOR!
😍 I could totally imagine it 😍

"Come Mr Frodo! I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee





After my ride I met up with my work buddies again, and we went up the gondola to ride the luge!
Laura was too scared to go on the Thunderjet with me so we decided to do the tame luge together hahaha.  Got the lighting wrong in this photo with Dan... 



After getting off the Gondola, we still had to take the chair lift up. Laura and her fiance weren't too keen about that haha! 


I liked it though, nice views ^^


The luge has two circuits, so we decided to do each one once. I was ziplining through all those trees on my first day. 

 

At the start of the trip, I thought the luge was fun to watch but pretty childish. I was like..pfft I need something more extreme! However I was pleasantly surprised, it was actually super fun. I definitely recommend it if you're in Queenstown. The whole system is really efficient and it's one of the cheaper options to try. 

If I ever visit Queenstown again (I hope I do!), I definitely want to try paragliding off the mountain and parasailing. It looked so amazing, I was pretty jealous hahaha. After the luge I parted ways with everyone because I had a flight that night. 

I decided to have one last dinner on the bay. It was absolutely beautiful because my two favourite buskers partnered together to do a performance! 



I purposely chose this restaurant so I could listen to them.
I also finally got my fush n chups fix :P 



It was super nice...except about half an hour in, these buskers with bagpipes started playing. They were at the other end of the bay, but bagpipes are super loud instruments :/ Like...seriously...why...!!?!?! Nobody buggering wants to take a stroll along the lake listening to squealing pair of bagpipes. They weren't even in tune.
It totally ruined the atmosphere and the waiters were so annoyed 😣

When I got to the airport, I sat around and watched some rugby on the telly. 
 

And thus ends my first trip to Middle earth πŸ’š

I seriously felt blessed by God in this trip. It was short, but I got to fit in combo of exciting and relaxing things. Plus I gained some courage in travelling solo and improved myself through study.
I'll definitely try to apply it to my mammography work practice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.