Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Queenstown NZ Day 2

Day 1 of the BIG Conference! 
Registration opened at midday so I headed to Red Rock Cafe for their $10 breakfast. It had a pretty American grungy feel, but it was pretty close to me and I needed a cheap hot meal. Queenstown is actually pretty pricey food wise. Coffee was great πŸ‘





Then after my morning food baby I went to the Kiwi Bird Lifepark! The whole place used to be a rubbish dump, but a couple bought the land, cleaned it up and made it a home for birds :) I really loved the history of this place.





To be honest I was still feeling a bit sick so it was really nice to just walk around this park. They had an audio tour which was great. This bird here was apparently really smart, it's cage had a lot of toys for it to play with.



I watched the bird show and learned that possums were a major pest in the area. They are a major pest in our garden too πŸ˜’ They actually trap possums and sell their fur. This Aussie was doing the talk and it was pretty good :) 


Kiwi birds are nocturnal so I couldn't take any photos inside the night house. They were really quick at running and to be honest they were soooo weird! I've always seen pictures, but seeing them move around and eat was strange. The best fact I remember is that they have the largest egg to body ratio! Apparently it's like mother carrying a three year old child in their womb O_O"! You can see the kiwi's organs just being shoved to the side hahaha 


After that I walked around town and totally loved this quote "Service above self". 
ANZAC feels~



Then I went to the conference and yeah it was really good :D
Laura from Wagga found me and we stuck together in among the hundreds of radiologists from Australia and New Zealand. I definitely learned a lot, but I was pretty amazed by how up to date my company is with the research. :) I felt happy and proud to be a part of it and to have the opportunity to work.

After the conference I ordered a Fergburger, which is apparently one of the number one things to do in Queenstown. And no joke, from morning to night I NEVER SAW THIS QUEUE DIE. It was nuts, there were ALWAYS people lining up along the pathway. 


Good thing Carol gave me the advice to order over the phone. I bought the Tropical Swine, and to be honest Fergburger was really well priced. This monster burger was only $13.90. It was humongous, I couldn't finish it even though I didn't get any sides >_<! 



It's was definitely a great burger, I wish I could have tried some of their morning burgers hahaha
Maybe not worth the hype (like I would be disappointed if I queued for it) but definitely hearty, generous and delicious! 

I spent my night soaking in the bath and watching One piece hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.