Day 3 BIG Conference
I was super damn impressed by the TissuPath guy (who I realized goes to our multidisciplinary breast meetings!!) who gave lectures on the pathology/histology of breast cancer. For like the whole year I've been learning mammos, I've been super clueless about breast cancer and the treatments because there are so many different pathways. Surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy, plus other factors such as hormone therapy, axillary clearances and herceptin. Seriously I was glad that I did a bit of study before I came, otherwise I would have been super lost hahaha.
This is my favourite slide out of the whole conference. It shows the different pathways of lobular and ductal carcinoma, from low to high grade.
This guy even got praise from a doctor who stood up and thanked him publicly for explaining it so clearly ππ.
During the conference I made a friend from the Royal Brisbane Hospital. She was sooo experienced but super lovely and humble. Laura and I were definitely the youngest by like at least a decade plus hahaha, but it was great, I think some of the radiologists liked seeing fresh faces :P
At night we all attended the the Hologic customer dinner. I didn't realize it at the time, but we got to sit on the table with some big shot names in the Australian breast radiology world. They were so nice though, I really like breast radiologists haha. Someone once explained to me how the jocks usually end up in orthopedics π I would say it's half true, there are some really nice orthos...but the other half....π
Day 4 BIG Conference
Good thing I packed Indomee because it really saved me in the morning. Day 4 of the conference continued delivering. Some of the topics were starting to get a little cheeky. There was one medical student who did a study comparing NZ and AUS radiologists haha. We got beat :/
The conference ended in the early afternoon, so it was time to explore again!
Queenstown had two super talented buskers. At first I thought it was the same guy because they both had long brown hair. This first guy could play the violin and didgeridoo while the other guy played this open piano. To be honest when I first heard the piano guy I was totally in love with his improv. He stopped me in my tracks and I sat down to listen, it was so beautiful and calming with the backdrop of Lake Wakatipu.
I missed a lot of the extreme sports because of the conference,
so I just walked around the Queenstown garden, it was a gorgeous day.
so I just walked around the Queenstown garden, it was a gorgeous day.
Seriously, Queenstown you are one beautiful town.
At night I met up with Dan, Laura and her fiance for dinner π!
We ate at Jervois steakhouse which was really nice. I'd never been to a steakhouse before because they are usually pretty pricey >_>" but it was Dan's shout so woohoo! I had a bombe alaska for dessert which was really nice. I realize I didn't take any photos, but it was a great and comfortable dinner. I really thank God again for working with such lovely people.
When we exited the restaurant we walked past Fergburger
24/7 MADNESS!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.