Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Saturday, 26 November 2016

Rachel and Hendrix's wedding

Rachel and Hendrix's big day had arrived and I was so happy to help out in their wedding :)
I remember freaking out about being asked to co-ordinate their wedding last year. I literally blogged about here a year ago! Aunty Carol was truly the brains behind this entire wedding, so I just helped out with some of the organizing on the big day.

Mother and daughter:

A few weeks before I asked Edward to help me make some origami swans. It was so difficult, I gave up pretty quickly. But thanks Eddie, here they are on top of the well!


Anyway here is the wedding video! It pretty much summarizes the whole day. They started out with gate crashing/tea ceremony, followed by the wedding ceremony and reception lunch. Months before I was handed the day schedule and was already stressed looking at the tight timings. Thank the Lord for Jeremy who was helping me and the couple to plan. He just got married, so he definitely had experience behind him to give better advice.

Leading up the wedding Rachel was constantly calling me to confirm things and...I don't even know what I was basing my advice on LOL! She placed trust in me, but I really had to double check everything with Jeremy hahaha. But anyway, we made a good team. It was nice to work with him :) 

Will was MC and Jeremy was lead usher/Hendrix supporter. 


Again I don't know how, but I somehow managed to conduct the rehearsal and wedding day. Rehearsal was actually not too bad. I thought it would go a lot longer, but we wrapped up at reasonable time haha.

Anyway, let's start from the beginning of the wedding day.  I was originally supposed to be at the gate crashing and tea ceremony, but Jeremy and Steph had that covered :) I was a little sad because it looked like so much fun. 




While they were playing games, I woke up early and started organizing everyone at our church. Last minute powerpoints and rehearsals with Won Hee the violinist were on top of my list. I ended up accompanying him on the piano and it was actually really lovely. We played Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, and he is a fantastic violinist. 

Then Hendrix arrived and guests started pouring in. Mum and I took a photo together in front of the paper flower wall. Oh yeah Aunty Angie and mum did some of the flowers for the wedding! It was quite pretty haha.
At 11am pretty much all the guests were seated and Rachel arrived with her bridal party. 


This was one of my favourite photos by Winsome! It definitely captured a moment from my point of view. I had to line up everyone and teach them how to walk. The kiddies were sooo cute!
I remember standing right at the door and Rachel looking at me for confidence and confirmation. I gave her a strong look and nod that everything was going beautifully. 11am on the dot says the clock! I was super thankful to God that everything ran on time.






Won Hee and I performed during the signing. Pastor Mathews gave the sermon and then it all wrapped up pretty quickly :D



Then I had to co-ordinate all the helpers at the lunch reception while Rachel and Hendrix took photos with family and friends. Rachel did her bouquet toss (her peonies bouquet were lovely btw) and then we all whizzed off for lunch. It was kinda stressful because the restaurant was pretty strict on timing. So if we didn't get seated and started, they would just serve the food D:

I had to line up everyone for the second walk in. Rachel had to get changed at the hotel before coming down. I like this photo, the kid's sign turned from "here comes the bride" to "just married". 



 Once seated, my job was over woohoo! I still sat at the table right next to Rachel and Hendrix, and helped out Will as he MC'd the rest of the lunch. The cheers and speeches were great and the food was delicious. Asian banquets are amazing.
Rachel changed again and started moving more freely to talk to people. In the background I had been receiving texts from Keene and Hannah who flew all the way from London for the wedding! They were supposed to be at the ceremony but things went wrong and were delayed. They almost gave up coming, but I was like no, you must come for lunch!! I was so glad they made it :) They are about to get married as well. 

I actually love this photo:

Waiting to get married, married today and newly married :D! 

To end, I was so tired but it was really a great experience to co-ordinate such a big day. I'm definitely super grateful for Rachel and Hendrix in my life. They have always faithfully supported the youth ministry and we are fellow servants of the Lord. There is definite joy in serving Jesus together, and to see God bless them is wonderful. Marriage is definitely an important union made by God. It is between a man and a woman and what God has brought together, no man can put asunder.
Christian marriage represents a beautiful picture of Jesus Christ and the church. One day He is coming again for us, and like a bride, we are eagerly waiting for the day we will meet Him face to face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.