Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Friday, 11 November 2016

Zumbo's cafe and Earthrise One

Today I asked Tim, Lyn, Sam and Brandon to play an escape room with me. It is called Earthrise One and made by Harry in South yarra. It is only a pop up escape room, but he transformed a rented shop into a make believe space ship. The background context is a group of scientists doing experiments in space, but something happened and we lost communication with them. So we are a maintenance team sent to fix the computer and also find out what happened. I will talk about it more later, but first Tim and I had lunch and visited some cafes around the area. 

I finally got the chance to got to the Zumbo cafe :) His desserts were so delicious, though the cafe wasn't very exciting. I thought it would be bigger and cleaner...but oh well, delicious desserts made up for it. I tried the V8 salted caramel and tarte aux fruits de la passion...aka a snazzy fruit tart. 




I really liked both of them. The tart was super zingy and the caramel mousse was perfect. 
Then we went to Two Birds, One stone which is another popular cafe right next to Zumbo's.
We bought a coffee and at this point I was full of sugar and caffeine. I couldn't sit still at all, so Tim suggested we walk up and down Chapel Street.

We didn't realize we walked right past Earthrise One haha. It was a little hard to find. 


So anyway, we met up with the others and started our escape room adventure. I've done one beginner escape room, so I thought I had a pretty good understanding of what to do. But oh no, how wrong I was. I should have known since Harry created and designed the game....it was so hard T_T! We really lacked in team work and that maybe because I was the only one who knew each member of the team :P When we first entered there was a red alarm flashing and we had to fix the computer system and many other things. In the end I don't think we even completed a quarter of the mission :( but it was still a good experience and Lyn, Tim and Brandon vowed to come back and try again. 

For me...I was quite content to not go again hahaha! I was so tired after. Maybe I was coming off my sugar and coffee high, but constantly being stressed for an hour was exhausting. I would recommend it for those smart cookies who love solving puzzles and riddles :) 

Funny photo of the month: Heiman's photobomb. 


Muscles? Burgers? Handsome face? Nope...Heiman trumped it all with his cheeky smile. He was temporarily famous this month hahaha

This week I also met up with Wynne and Jen Li. Jen Li made me an ice cream crochet narwhal!



She is definitely a creative one :) We visited this korean cafe after and shared a sweet potato cake. It was actually really good, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a really nice catch up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.