Today is Labour Day and also Jess' birthday woo! I bought Jess a Bubble clay mask which like carbonates over time and turns people into a monster storm cloud hahaha!
Anyway Vanessa, Tim, Uncle Hou Lian, Aunty Christy and I went to Arthur's seat and Cape Schanck today :D I'd never been to any of these places before so I was pretty excited.
We stopped at Dee's Kitchen in Dromana for brunch. It is Mediterranean inspired place, which was pretty well rated. When we got there it was packed so we walked down to the pier first.
The weather was absolutely amazing today!
When we were seated, I found this scribble on the wall. It says "Dinner Time Yalla!" which means "Dinner time, let's go!" in Arabic ^^
When we were seated, I found this scribble on the wall. It says "Dinner Time Yalla!" which means "Dinner time, let's go!" in Arabic ^^
I had a dukka crusted egg with a sweet potato fritter. It looked so good, but taste wise it was lacking :/
Tim's pancetta/egg/potato thingo was the best out of all of us. The coffee was definitely on point here, but food wise...3/5? I probs wouldn't return, but it was worth trying :)
When we got to Arthur's Seat we chose to walk up instead of taking the gondola. It was a pretty chill and easy walk.
Our view from some of the lookouts was kind of foggy , but still nice!
There was this nice open field which were surrounded by Aboriginal art sculptures. I really like woodcarvings, it's awesome.
Then we went to Cape Schanck and to be honest got a little lost on the way hahaha!
When we got here though, it was definitely the highlight of the day!
There were two paths - the left went down to the boardwalk and the right to the lighthouse.
There were two paths - the left went down to the boardwalk and the right to the lighthouse.
We chose the boardwalk first :)
At the end of the boardwalk we went to the right and down the stairs to this super awesome pebble/stone beach. It was such an amazing view!
We climbed around corner and found some rock pools. It was amazing to me because the water was so clear and still compared to the crashing waves.
Hehe there were people fishing. I was totally unaware that we could swim here, but next time I would definitely go swimming in the rock pools.
There was a weird solitary rock which we couldn't reach.
We spent so much time chilling here before heading to the lighthouse.
After Cape Schanck we refueled at Sunny Ridge Strawberry farm/cafe. I've never been here before but I loved it so much. They are apparently famous for their afternoon tea scones, but I couldn't go past the Strawberry parfait.
#VanvanTimtamJimjam
I couldn't rhyme it any other way, but good enough!
I totally loved hanging out with these bunch of lovely people today. Soaking up God's creation and seeing all this water brings this Proverb to my mind:
"Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out."
Proverbs 20:5
"Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out."
Proverbs 20:5
There is a difference between knowledge and wisdom. Wisdom knows exactly when to pull out knowledge and counsel.



























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.