Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Sunday, 3 July 2016

YF/CGF 2016 Camp: True Discipleship

This year I was part of the YF/CGF camp committee woohoo :D!
I was in charge of liaising with our speaker Ps David Weng from Adelaide BP. Our theme was True Discipleship and we had it at ADANAC. The camp committee this year was super strong and serving God was so joyful, it was really a blessing to work together. Nat was our camp master and kept everything really organized. 



I was also in charge of games and the first day we had ice breakers which went so well. We always have to play indoor games during winter because it's so wet outside.
We played silent interviews, toilet roll questions and the pass it on pictionary, which brought so much laughter I almost died. 

This year thank God we fully booked out the accommodation we were assigned :) It was great to have new people and siblings join us, and I was really happy with my cabin mates Cara, Karol, Ellen, Ellis and Kathy. We introduced 'Journey group' time into our camp schedule which is basically reflection, prayer and sharing time with your cabin mates. Every morning we did devotion together and reflected on the messages, and it was a really great time of bonding. 

Thank God the messages were straight to the point of True Discipleship. There are so many "Christians" in the world which proclaim they follow Jesus Christ, but in their actions they deny Him.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matt 7:21

 This was my discussion group which I co-led with Joy :D 


I was so happy to have Elizabeth in my group. She was hesitating for many weeks over whether to come or not, but in the end she came with no regrets!


During this camp we also introduced a new opportunity to choose which night activity you wanted. Since we have such a wide age range from young adults to youths, we ran simultaneous topics. They were 'Crash Course in the Old Testament' and 'Evangelism workshop'. Pastor Mathews took the first one and I got to lead the second one! It was an amazing, amazing opportunity which I'd been praying for ever since I went to Student Life's Mid Year Conference two years back! I was so happy to hear that people were conflicted over which one to go to, which meant we were listening and addressing topics they wanted. 

I was super glad for the turn out and being able to pass down and train other people to share their faith. I've definitely made A LOT of mistakes trying to tell people about my faith, and it was because nobody had taught me how to do it properly. After training with Student Life, I've finally felt comfortable with approaching people in the right way and being an ambassador for Christ. 

When it came to group bonding game time, we whipped out some dodgeball which was a seriously fantastic and also slightly dangerous time. The area we played in was so confined, it was super scary when the guys threw the ball. They did not go easy and we played many rounds. I even threw in Running man's princess dodgeball version. 

Then we played what I call the "photo game". It is literally just a list of instructions with different points and which ever team successfully completes them wins. For example, some of the easy points were take a crazy face group selfie/laughing selfie, etc. The harder points was to make a pyramid with all group members/act out a bible miracle scene/act out "A servants heart"etc
It's actually a really good team bonding game and heaps of fun :) 

Human pyramid with poor Pastor David in the middle D:!

Create 'YFCGF" with your body


Laughing selfie 


Acting out a song "He's able" + my group cleverly photo bombing


Reading the bible (this group was super intense HAHA)


Each group actually finished the whole list which was awesome. I don't have space to post everything unfortunately. At the end of the camp I collected and scored the photos on the projector screen with everyone, and it was soooo funny!!! T-T because I was adjudicating I didn't get to play and my team came last

After group games, Esther, James and I took the younger tweeneys out for archery. It was great fun and I think the kids really enjoyed it. 

Overall this was one of the best camps I've been a part of/participated in. We really tested a lot of new things out in our schedule, and I think they bore lots of fruitful results. I really threw myself into service and I was exhausted by the end of the camp, but I had no regrets. God got me through everything and I felt like I really flourished and grew spiritually as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.