Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Friday, 29 July 2016

BEAR FRUIT PROJECT: Thailand part 2

Continuing on with our Thailand Bear Fruit Project (Part One) we decided to do a big A3 display book.  
It was very similar to the Sunday school book we did for our own church kids (BFP: Kindness), however this time we did stories from Genesis. We wrote the stories in English, but had key words pulled out and translated into Thai. Thankfully again Aunty Ratchanee helped us check the words.
I was google translating everything hahaha and I was pleased that majority of the words were correct.


During the night I was sick the kids cut and pasted all 40 of the stories. Then one night I asked Eddy to come over to illustrate and I spent the rest of the time colouring :) It was a marathon effort, but I was pretty pleased with the results! I really didn't know how to bridge the language gap, but I was asked to just supply English resources, so we did! We bought a few other English educational things, but to me this book was special because it was full of bible stories.
We managed to cover from Creation to Jacob and Esau. 


Adding a touch of Aussie with "wombat"



 


It was really fun to do this project and worth every effort. Esther and James even narrated and recorded each of the stories and we burned them onto CDs!!
Because I'm way behind in blogging, I can post the email response from the community that received our gifts! 

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.