Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Saturday, 30 July 2016

Farewell Elizabeth!

Today we held a dinner hotpot at CGF and I spent the morning hanging out with Elizabeth. Ever since camp we grew closer and I can't believe her time in Melb is almost up! 

We had some Korean BBQ near Queen Vic Market and then proceeded to shop for hotpot ingredients. Haha I only have a few pictures of our food :P




Then we went to Jolynessa's house early and camped in Joy's room for a well post-poned d&m session. It's a blessing to share life experiences and lessons together, but above all I was blown away at learning of God's plan in her life. It was so evident that He was working a great work in her and coming to Melbourne was a huge faith leap. I felt privileged to listen to her story and help her along in her journey. 

People carry so many thoughts and stories with them, but it's a shame that many do not have somebody to sit and listen to them. Often we are too choked up with our own cares and distractions of the world. We fail to stop and care for the person right next to us.

After a few hours passed, we headed downstairs where the rest of the CGFers were ready to start our farewell hotpot party for Elizabeth! The food was amazing as always and I quickly fell asleep because tbh I was still gaining my strength back from my pneumonia. 

It's always sad when students leave, but I am so thankful for the City Gospel Fellowship ministry. It is a place for people just like Elizabeth to feel welcomed and connect/reconnect with God in a strange new city :) 

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid." Matt 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.