Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Saturday, 11 June 2016

SYG: State Youth Games

This year I joined Joey's church for State Youth Games which is a large network of youths from churches competing in sports. It was my first time ever and we had to go to Warragul super early in the morning. Caf and Eddy came to my house and we had a morning brekky at Maccas. Then I drove us all the way to Warragul in the wee hours of the morning. 

It was SUPER COLD and wet. We found our tent and had a briefing and prayer before we split into our respective team sports. I played netball in the morning with Bel, Mel, Joey and Olivia which was pretty fun. We had to play in the rain which was bucketing down, but it didn't kill my competitive spirit hahaha. I can't remember how well we did...but I think we won at least one game?


This event is meant to go over the weekend but Caf, Eddy and I just did a day trip. They played dodgeball and ultimate frisbee with Heiman and Choo in the mud/rain (HAHAHA I'M SO SORRY, I DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULD BE SO WET AND MUDDY!)  
I could imagine them complaining even though I wasn't near them. 

After the morning sports, we headed back to our tent for lunch. The aunties and uncles cooked us some really good food to restore our energy. After lunch I played basketball with Grace and my new friend Fee.  Some of the teams were super good and you could tell they actually trained/played competitive bball together. It was slightly intimidating, but for the last game Tomy negotiated with the other (massive) team to swap players with us. It was a really fun time :) 


I also enjoyed getting to know some of these people from Lifespring church. After basketball we went back to the camping grounds for dinner. It was fun chilling in the countryside. Everyone sat around the fire and eventually it turned dark and we ate dinner. 


At night there was a Christian rally. It was my first time going to something like that and it was a bit intense. It felt more like an entertainment concert than a praise/worship night, but there was a relatively good gospel message. I fell in love with one of the songs they played:

Good, good Father

The words are very meaningful and true. 

Oh, and I've seen many searching

For answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
‘Cause You know just what we need
Before we say a word
You're a good good Father
It's who You are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am 

"O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalm 107:1

After the concert I went home with Caf and Eddy. Eddy was dead to the world because he didn't sleep the night before, so Caf and I had a karaoke session all the way home ^^ 

I gotta learn proper lyrics to Queen songs, ttyl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.