Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Friday, 24 June 2016

BEAR FRUIT PROJECT: Thailand part 1

This month's BFP was part one of a mission outreach to Thailand! My vision for BFP was always to branch out to interstate and overseas outreach, so WOOHOO we finally got the opportunity to do a bigger project :D!! 

An uncle in the church kindly sponsors a couple in rural Thailand who take care of a hostel in Pongmai. Because all the kids live in outskirt villages, they cannot travel far distances everyday to school. Therefore this Christian hostel was set up to provide lodging. The kids come for the week to study and then go back to their homes on the weekends.
My dad and a church family did a mission trip to the Changmai area a few years ago and so we decided to do something for the kids. 

Part 1: Letters and gifts
We met in Aunty Janet's house and I gave a short message on the great commission, and an overview of what we wanted to achieve. We planned to send a box full of gifts for the kids. Many months before I contacted Jess to get an understanding of how we can help. She requested a CD player, bible stories, clothes, stationary and expressed how much they wanted to learn English. 

So after much brainstorming and prayer, Esther and I came up with a bear fruit project that spanned two nights. Tonight we wrote very simple English letters to all the kids. We had a list of names (roughly 40-45 kids from ages 7-18) and personally wrote to each one of them. On the back of our papers, our pastor's wife wrote a gospel message in Thai :D What a blessing it is to have a native Thai in our church! 







I love Aunty Janet's message!!



And James' beard hahaha 






We also made wordless books, which uses the colours of black, red, white, gold and green to tell the gospel. We ATTEMPTED to write in Thai as well :P I don't know if it came out legible though.

BFP night is a time to work for God's kingdom and for me it's sometimes stressful to organize everything. BUT I always have so much fun on the night, and I can see everyone having fun doing the projects as well. Everyone seems to enjoy serving together and the night was filled with much laughter and bonding. I can't remember what William said, but the girlies banded together to accuse him of something hahahaha!!



Within each envelope we also had a little toy and a few pens. It was great because we managed to finish it all ^^ Many hands really make light work! 
Part one Thailand gift box - complete! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.