Woo so I ended my Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging last year, but our official graduation had to wait till today. I wasn't going to go, but for the sake of my parents, I did it.
It was actually really fun and since all of us had found jobs by this time, it really was a great way to celebrate without any pressure.
It was actually really fun and since all of us had found jobs by this time, it really was a great way to celebrate without any pressure.
However my story starts from the night before when I scratched this guys car. Just...whoops. I suck at parking and I tried to go for a narrow spot and did not make it at all. The first time I scratched somebody's car it was very tiny, but I was in a rush to go somewhere and didn't leave a note. This has haunted me forever, so I vowed to do the right thing the next time I scratched a car (yes I knew this day would come again).
Thankfully I was at badminton and the guys helped me out with my situation. I had scratched a guy's car and his texts were really nice. So thus began my week of being teased about a potential korean drama like love line. Fortunately we settled it privately and it was over pretty quickly.
I took off work for graduation and went for a haircut in the morning. My favourite hairdresser went back to Korea :( but the new guy did pretty well. I was pretty nervous getting it cut wrongly for graduation but all went well hahaha
The night before Sherry and I decided to do an escape room in Flemington. We went to Laksa King for lunch which was soo yum and then headed to the game. This was the first time for both of us, and to be honest when we found the place we were super confused. It looked like a normal house so we felt like we were trespassing. When we peeked into the house we saw some really creepy stuff like dolls and morphed paintings of faces. I was so nervous hahahaaa!
But then the friendly host found us and ushered us into the backyard where the real escape room was. It was a big dark room and we were given flash lights to solve puzzles.
This was what it looked like inside.
Since there was only two of us, it was pretty fun :D . Sherry and I studied heaps together and we got complimented for how well we worked together. I enjoyed solving all the clues and different puzzles, it was like playing Running man. We managed to make it out on time and I look forward to doing another escape room soon ^^
After that we went home to get ready for graduation. We had to go early to collect our robes and hats. I wore a plain cream dress underneath, but I should've worn something with a button to keep my blue ribbon thing secure. There were heaps of people and flowers, there were queues everywhere for photos.
My parents came afterward and we played around in the photobooth :) I didn't want any crazy expensive professional photos, so this was the only one we got as a family. My lazy ass brother didn't bother to come so a lot of people think I'm an only child hahahaa~
Heiman graduated earlier in the day and we managed to meet up.
Freaking Homan took multiple blurry photos...
Freaking Homan took multiple blurry photos...
His first one being this blurry selfie...grr!
Then the ceremony began and I doffed my hat to the chancellor and received my certificate. It was much more formal than I expected, but it was enjoyable. I forget how privileged I am to have grown up with an education. I thank my parents for supporting me all the way and God who provided for all my needs. University was a super fun time of my life. I met so many awesome people and gained so much experience. I've studied hard and ended well and God has blessed me with an awesome job.
But these achievements are nothing compared to finding life in Jesus Christ. As Apostle Paul writes, succeeding in this worldly life is but rubbish (or dung in KJV) when we compare it to the excellency of Christ. There's more to life than finding a job and earning money to spend on fleeting pleasures.
But these achievements are nothing compared to finding life in Jesus Christ. As Apostle Paul writes, succeeding in this worldly life is but rubbish (or dung in KJV) when we compare it to the excellency of Christ. There's more to life than finding a job and earning money to spend on fleeting pleasures.
"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith - that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead."
Philippians 3:8-11 ESV
Philippians 3:8-11 ESV
My happiness comes from knowing the Lord and walking together with Him in fellowship :)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.