This year we had our family church camp in ADANAC. The theme was 'Walk worthy of the Lord' and Pastor Paauwe came to speak. I put up my hand to help out in the Children's ministry, so I missed the messages. To be honest, looking after the kids was tougher than I anticipated, but I was glad to help Aunty Lehia. The kids have so much energy at camps, they just never stop ahhh!!
Aunty Lehia did an awesome mother's day craft activity as well, so that was fun :)
Aunty Lehia did an awesome mother's day craft activity as well, so that was fun :)
On the first night I was freezing because the window above me was slightly open. I had ice cold wind blowing in my face which was horrible. Thankfully our body allows us to function on a few hours of sleep relatively well. I woke up to this gorgeous mountain scenery.

During one of the free times I went out with Rachel, Lynette and Tim for a hike. We wanted to do the Ada tree walk, but we had to be back by a certain time. So we just started from a random trail and walked as much as possible before turning back. Unfortunately I took a lot of blurry photos :(
It was kinda muddy because of all the rain.
But that didn't really stop us hahaha
When we were contemplating turning back, we met a couple who warned us not to go any further. They had encountered nasty leeches, so we quickly reversed.
This was our starting point, there were lots of happy campers there. It looked like fun...even though I don't camp.
In the end we couldn't escape the leeches, and we got bit on the legs. They are nasty, nasty buggers. I'm not too scared of them but Lyn let out a massive scream in my car when she found a big one.So lesson of the day: don't go hiking when it's wet and muddy!
On Sunday we had a worship service in the morning and there was one verse in the morning devotions that really stood out.
"Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:17-19
"Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:17-19
To be honest I was having a rough time with a lot of different issues in my mind. I was on the fast track for failure as my eyes were focused on the wrong pathway and my foot was about to slip. However God held me together, and in the multitude of my thoughts He brought me back to delight in my soul. God was merciful to me and He is my help.
Then after lunch Esther and I went to visit Joey, Chooi-ee and Heiman's church camp in Forest Edge. Thankfully we weren't that far away....though we got very lost at one point. I almost gave up because our GPS system was so unreliable. This drive ranks at number two on my 'most stressful drives'.
But anyway we made it! It was highly emotional to listen to Heiman and Joey's testimonies and to witness their baptism in the river. God works in mysterious ways and He is always faithful. This was definitely one of the special days of my year.
But anyway we made it! It was highly emotional to listen to Heiman and Joey's testimonies and to witness their baptism in the river. God works in mysterious ways and He is always faithful. This was definitely one of the special days of my year.
"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ."
Ephesians 4:4-7
Ephesians 4:4-7











No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.