Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Friday, 20 May 2016

BEAR FRUIT PROJECT: Sunday School Noah's Ark

This month's Bear Fruit Project was massive. We decided to do toilet paper animal crafts to go along with our Noah's ark story. I had to collect bed rolls and toilet paper rolls weeks before and cut them into shape. Thankfully Sam helped me a ton by painting and cutting out the little decorations. 

We prepared like 10 different toilet paper roll animals for Noah's Ark. The animals go in two by two into the ark, one male and one female. So the idea was to create one of the pairs on our YF night and package it with some lollies and a message.  For example someone made this lion on the night, and packaged the ready-to-make lioness with it for a child on Sunday. 



The YFers had to do their own message


And toilet paper roll lolly pack


Then package everything together tadah~!



It was a crazy fun night! Each animal had a difficulty rating. The hardest was the crocodile and giraffe and the easiest the rabbit. However somehow Will decided to destroy my cute rabbits when he imagined a raving rabbid's face T_T 


The  more competent ones painted. 





And we included a dragon/dinosaur as well which was really fun to make. You may laugh at me, but yup I believe dinosaurs were on the ark :) As I was doing my preparations, it was so interesting to discover of a creature that was described just like a large fire-breathing reptile in Isaiah. It almost fits the description of our dragons we dream of today. In Chinese zodiac, it was always weird to me that they included the dragon in their 12 animals. We know that the 11 other animals are definitely real and lived alongside humans, so why not the dragon as well? Lots of cultures describe dragons living alongside humans, and the bible affirms it too. 



I had to include instruction sheets for each animal. It all worked out in the end woohooo








Then on Sunday I taught the kids the bible story. I was surprised by how engrossed the kids were. They were listening so well and answering questions fantastically. It was really a joy to play with their imaginations while I was teaching them. It was super fun, and as always I almost lost my voice by talking too loudly and enthusiastically. A team of the YFers came with me to help the kids create the other animal half.  It was really amazing seeing them excited over our gifts and crafts ^^

Cheers to a successful Bear Fruit Project where the fruit of the Spirit was so alive both amongst the YFers on Friday night and kids on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.