Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Student Life Ball: Gardens of the Galaxy

Seeing as this is my last year at uni I attended Student Life's ball and the theme was gardens of the galaxy...though it was just formal. I went to Gen's house because she's really good at doing hairstyling. I showed her some photos from the internet and in the end she came up with this :) 



It was way fancier than I expected haha. After that I went to Bel's house to get ready. This is her cute dog who wouldn't stop twirling in front of my feet. 


We got there on time but there was a girl waiting outside the gate and suddenly asked to change in Bel's car. We were like...sure why not? While I was waiting I found Alison and we took a quick snap :) 



The place we went to was beautiful! It was a mansion and we used the outside area before moving into a dining area. So classy


The food was great and we got to hear testimonies from the people who went on Summer project. There were also a few performances but the majority of the time was taken up by eating, photo-boothing and dancing. 

Bel was the first person who connected me into this Christian community, and I remember walking into Phil's core group without knowing anyone. It was apt that I attend this last SL meeting with her. 


The girls in this photo were my first cabin mates in the 2014 Mid Year Conference :)
It was an amazing time and massive highlight of last year. haha I remember walking into Phil's core group randomly and thinking she was a guy. 


And finally Olivia my discipler and Erin ^^ I love this photo because it encapsulates a lot of things that happens in SL. You get discipled by awesome, loving people, make friends and you always meet somebody new! I sat next to Mim that night who I have never met before, but she was so lovely and we connected easily. From all these people shine the love of Christ and it is amazing to share life and Christian community with them. 


I love this photo :) Olivia mentored all of us. She really supported me this year through my very lows and helped me bounce back into things. 


I will miss Student Life and the people in university. While I loved studying radiography, I will miss this Christian club the most. I learned so many valuable lessons and met inspiring people who have propelled my life in awesome directions. God blessed me so much in my uni life and I am so grateful for every step and lesson He has taught me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.