Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Noah and Abigail's Songbook

In my church we have a special family who has a little boy with an incurable disease. His name is Noah and I remember when he was born because the church was in much prayer that he would make it through even his first few days of life. Up until birth his parents thought they were going to have a healthy baby until he came into this world having a deficiency in his immune system.
Since then we have always kept little Noah and his family in our prayers and supported them. 

Noah continues to battle everyday but we have definitely seen him develop over the past few years. While his development is greatly delayed, we are overjoyed that he could recently go to school for a few hours! His parents are such wonderful and strong people, and I recently grew closer to his mum who has taught me much about giving to the needy. I used to think that giving to charity was ultimately useless because there will always be poor people in the world and my $5 or $10 isn't really going to help. But I realized how evil this way of thinking was and am learning now how to cultivate a generous spirit. 

I continue to support Noah's mum with her charity work and Noah's beads of courage program. She has taught me greatly about giving. She told me that "we need to have open hands in order to receive things, so holding on to what we have too tightly doesn't allow God to bless us with more. He will only give us more if we are willing to give more". She and her husband support a families in South America and Africa. They practically express the love and faith in God through their lives. They are shining and overflowing examples of Christian faith and love in my life. 

This year the YF made a Sunday School songbook for the kids at church and Noah's mum was telling me that she loved the idea and wanted to make one for Noah. He is unable to go near other children as even a small cold can kill him. A few months passed and I knew she hadn't gotten around to doing it, so I made them one for Christmas :) 


Noah has a little sister now. She is tremendously cute :) 


My dad helped to illustrate some of them.
Also I didn't realize the images were blurry until I looked at it on the computer :/ 




This happy sunbeam/sun is my favourite haha. 


That is meant to be a scene of Sarah telling Isaac how old she was when she gave birth to him. 









I filled up an entire A4 display folder which took me a couple of days to illustrate and colour. 
Then I made a playlist on Youtube so they could listen to it online.

Sometimes it's very difficult to comfort people who face tragedies we have not experienced. But God gives us the power of prayer and the ability to listen. I was glad that I could do something for Noah and his family this Christmas. As God has given us Jesus His only son, so must we give to others sacrificially.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.