December has turned out to be a hulabaloo of a month.
I recently was asked to help plan a wedding for a friend. I seriously freaked out when her mum came to ask me WITHOUT her knowledge. She later sent this text and this was my reply.
I still think I'm not qualified. Thankfully I have the role of a timekeeper now, though I might also have to perform with her neighbour who plays the violin? I think that would be pretty fun to accompany but we'll see. Her wedding isn't till next year November, so at least I can freak out about it later.
I also had this slow moment the other day...
I felt old and embarrassingly slow.
Anyway since I have a lot of time on my hands, I decided to destroy my old wardrobe and ATTEMPT to build an IKEA wardrobe. When I was in primary school my neighbour and I used to play hide and seek and she hid in my wardrobe and made a hole in the bottom.
I managed to take off the doors pretty neatly, but I couldn't carry the whole thing downstairs by myself and resorted to demolishing it piece by piece.
Then Dad helped me go to IKEA to purchase a new wardrobe. He was kind of against me doing it because he said it would be too difficult to build...aaaandd he was right.
BUT THAT DIDN'T STOP ME because I fully believed in the power of friendship
aka begging Chi and Edward for help.
BUT THAT DIDN'T STOP ME because I fully believed in the power of friendship
aka begging Chi and Edward for help.
Jokes, they are nice people who willingly came over to help. Since Chi studies engineering, he taught me various tricks of how to build it with limited space. All was well and he went home leaving me to finish the rest by myself. I was about to put in the inner poles when I realised we had put in the middle panel upside down. By then I was about 3 hours in and I WAS TIRED AND DEVASTATED. I think I just laid down in a foetal position and sulked for a good hour because I thought I couldn't back track without destroying the backboard.
I told Eddie my story and he offered to help me remove the backboard the next day. I had nailed it down with like 30+ nails so we had to carefully take them all out. It was a test of patience but we eventually fixed it ^^
The end product was pretty wonky, but at that point I didn't care anymore!! I finally had a new wardrobe and my rearrangement made it feel like a new bedroom. A few days later it was Eddie's birthday and I made him a Supersmash Bros card ft. Ness
His soul clearly resonates with him.
Inside the card I drew One-punch Man. We read the manga ages before it exploded to popularity this year. The manga is good, but the anime just takes it to another level of funny. I love it.
I chose to draw in white on black because we bought him a "black book", which was really a scrapbook album that is totally black from Kikki.K. One day you'll see his awesome sketches when he catches up with blogging haha. That night we had burgers and ice cream from Messina. It was soo delicious, I need to go back there again soon.
Thanks for always saving me when I get stuck Eddie!
And thank God for placing friends who strengthen our weaknesses when we are at wits end. Indeed iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17
And thank God for placing friends who strengthen our weaknesses when we are at wits end. Indeed iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.