This month at YF we took a break from our Bear Fruit theme. However we still had Bear Fruit Project during our cottage meeting :)
I was inspired by the little plants at Finder's Keepers Market last year and took the idea to make little candlelight terrariums.
QT stands for Quiet Time with God. This involves reading the Bible and praying to God each day. Its a personal time with God where we grow and build our faith. To help the youth develop their QT we made QT terrariums. The goal is to water their QT plant when they finish their QT each day, and watch the plant grow as they grow spiritually.
I bought the candlelight holders at IKEA which was really cheap and then Esther and I harvested the succulents from church and our gardens. Esther already had all the materials, so this ended up being quite a cost effective project :D
Esther bought these little figurines as well for decoration.
They are super cute and it was very fun making them with the youths!! In my life I have to do my QT everyday because without talking to God and listening to Him through His Word, I seriously can't function. When I miss a day of spending quality time with God I become very easily frustrated, anxious, angry and annoyed. I am a mess without God because my sin creates conflict with those around me.
God is the anchor of my life, He gives me hope that anchors my soul.










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.