This is my last post from Traralgon and upon reflection, I broke a lot of things in that house.
I mashed a cup, snapped a can opener, almost broke my shower tap and finally broke the washer in my bathroom sink which forced me to turn off the water system. My housemate and I didn't know how to turn it on again, so for a week I literally boiled water and poured it in a bucket to shower in.
I mashed a cup, snapped a can opener, almost broke my shower tap and finally broke the washer in my bathroom sink which forced me to turn off the water system. My housemate and I didn't know how to turn it on again, so for a week I literally boiled water and poured it in a bucket to shower in.
Also in my last month I punctured my car tire by driving too close to a sewer...I didn't even know that was possible...seriously thank God I punctured it in Melbourne and fixed it before I went back.
I realized I laugh a lot when things go wrong. I thank God that he kept me at peace because I can get really panicky and stressed when things go wrong.
I forgot to mention that I presented at the CPD night in the week I got sick. I was trying to wiggle out of it because I was still unwell and didn't have much of a voice. But I was still asked to do it, and the next morning I couldn't talk =_="
Anyway I was glad I did it, because it was good for my professional development. I felt pretty nervous getting in front of qualified radiographers who have decades of experience. I got some really good feedback though, so it was confidence boost :)
Anyway I was glad I did it, because it was good for my professional development. I felt pretty nervous getting in front of qualified radiographers who have decades of experience. I got some really good feedback though, so it was confidence boost :)
One thing I really miss about working in Traralgon is doing the coffee runs.
It was the intern's job to get free coffees for everyone (the company compensates for us because we are renovating our tea room). I used to get like 6-8 coffees so while I was waiting for them I'd draw little animals on the coffee covers ^^ It's fun learning everyone's coffee preferences.
In my last week I also learned how to do intravenous cannulations, which is basically stabbing a vein and threading a cannula which gives us access to pump through contast dye. It's necessary for CT where we need to highlight the blood vessels.
It was the intern's job to get free coffees for everyone (the company compensates for us because we are renovating our tea room). I used to get like 6-8 coffees so while I was waiting for them I'd draw little animals on the coffee covers ^^ It's fun learning everyone's coffee preferences.
In my last week I also learned how to do intravenous cannulations, which is basically stabbing a vein and threading a cannula which gives us access to pump through contast dye. It's necessary for CT where we need to highlight the blood vessels.
On my last day I made a tiramisu for the staff. It was really a bittersweet moment. I really liked working in Traralgon, the people are so lovely and fun to work with. Seriously it's like the best department I've worked in :)
Working in a rural setting means I got to do more because I'm relied on more as a worker instead of a supernumerary staff member. This experience really helped me grow in confidence, so I really learned a lot. Also as an intern, it was better because I felt more like part of the team than when I was a student. I was sad to leave, but another part of me loves being back home.
I got a jar of nutella as thanks hehe :)
So this ends my internship posts. It was an awesome experience and I feel ready to be a qualified radiographer. I met awesome people and formed new friendships. Thanks again be to God for such a rewarding time. I'm really glad that I enjoy my job so much. I never thought I'd be doing radiography, but it's definitely a great job.
Now it's back to uni for the next 6 months.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.