Straight after my church's youth camp I headed to Wollongong in NSW for Student Life's Mid Year Conference (MYC). This year the theme was "Calling all the Messengers" and the messages were given by John North.
I didn't know what to expect this year, but I knew it was going to be good based on last year's experience. I shared a cabin with these lovely girls which awesome fun :)
The series of messages can be summarized with keywords.
As messengers and ambassadors for Christ we must be:
1.Intentional: living a life with the purpose of telling others of Jesus Christ
2. Relational: building friendships wherever you go, not just sticking to friends in church.
3.Progressive: Always being ready to help people to take the next step towards God.
4. Spiritual: Praying regularly for people in our lives.
5. Available: accepting my inadequacy and trusting the Holy Spirit to reach to people through me.
3.Progressive: Always being ready to help people to take the next step towards God.
4. Spiritual: Praying regularly for people in our lives.
5. Available: accepting my inadequacy and trusting the Holy Spirit to reach to people through me.
These messages were all about learning to live a witnessing lifestyle.
What has struck me most was the instruction to make the Great Commission in Matthew 28:18-20 into the Everyday Commission.
On top of these messages I did the training modules "Building movements" and "Multiplying Disciplemaking 1".
When I was at the camp I really didn't know why I was there. It not that I wasn't enjoying it, but I kept wondering why God had brought me to the camp again. It wasn't until I started multiplying disciplemaking that I understood God's purpose for the rest of my year. I was so encouraged by my leaders in those modules. They helped me understand how I can build movements and make disciples in my own church.
I left MYC again this year with practical ways of progressing God's kingdom and definitely had the purpose and motivation to live it out.
"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:18-20


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.