I invited Esther and Cara over to chill last week.
Esther came in the morning and helped me with my costume for an upcoming 21st party.
The theme is childhood obsession which I think is a pretty damn awesome theme.
I bought 2 metres of pink fabric from Spotlight which cost me $14 - which is pretty expensive! But it's much cheaper and fun to make it yourself than buy, so it's alright. I will reveal my costume after the party.

Esther and I have similar hobbies. She's got a lot of free time on her hands atm so any interesting cooking or craft projects I wanna try I immediately think of her. We were so nervous before we were about to cut the fabric. We were doubting ourselves so much over whether it was the right length and size and JUST EVERYTHING. Sewing is not one of my strong points.
Esther came in the morning and helped me with my costume for an upcoming 21st party.
The theme is childhood obsession which I think is a pretty damn awesome theme.
I bought 2 metres of pink fabric from Spotlight which cost me $14 - which is pretty expensive! But it's much cheaper and fun to make it yourself than buy, so it's alright. I will reveal my costume after the party.

Esther and I have similar hobbies. She's got a lot of free time on her hands atm so any interesting cooking or craft projects I wanna try I immediately think of her. We were so nervous before we were about to cut the fabric. We were doubting ourselves so much over whether it was the right length and size and JUST EVERYTHING. Sewing is not one of my strong points.

Cara came in the afternoon so while we waited we baked some marble cookies and watched some Sherlock. I love the smell of freshly baked treats. I'm so fortunate to live in a house where there are always delicious smells coming from the kitchen. There's something really inviting about coming home from a long day and smelling something yum~

I wanted to try baking cakes inside empty eggs and deceiving people. I saw it on the internet and it's actually pretty easy to do, but it's fairly time consuming. Mum bought 30 eggs from a car boot from some Asian and every single egg had a double yolk. The eggs were massive and it was sooo delicious! Though I'm kind of suspicious of what they did to the chicken to make all the eggs like that >.>" Anyway Mum kept the egg shells for me, which eliminated a huge step in prep.
I bought a packet mix (because I'm really lazy) and poured the mixture in the eggs. Esther REALLY wanted to add something extra inside the egg, so we asked Cara to buy some Haribo gummi bears and chucked them in.

We filled the eggs to about two thirds of the way, but they still exploded out the top. At Tues night bible study I was telling Paul about the project and he was adamant that the egg shells would explode with his scientific logic. But HAHA! None of them cracked!

After dinner we put them nicely in a basket and then all headed to YF. I was so surprised that everyone loved it. It went really fast and people were amazed :D EGGCEPTION SUCCESS!
If you want to learn how to do it, there is like a 2 min tutorial video.
Happy baking~
Happy baking~





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.