After finishing our last written exam
Thank God for helping me through this school year. I'm soooo relieved that uni exams are finished!! This semester was hard, but much better than first semester. I was a bit upset with one of my results. I hate it when you work really hard for something, and you legit think you did a good job, and then high expectations are met with a harsh reality. But I'm alright now, so it's all good.
Exams went well. My brain is pretty tired from all the cramming though. I was struggling to communicate fluently in English today. Words are just not forming sentences properly. I think it's a clear sign I'm brain-fried.
On a slightly disappointing note, on my way to my last exam this morning I crippled myself again. I was unexpectedly late and tried to run. Big mistake and actually I'm surprised/shocked a bit that my foot is still not recovering properly. Walking is absolutely fine, but running is somehow not. Right now netball is way out of the picture, I just have to focus on being able to run again.
After the exams I went out with my uni friends to eat at Shyun. I tried their special okonomiyaki on a skewer. I love okonomiyaki, so it was good. I shared this with Sherry and ordered a takoyaki. Mmm takoyaki. I like Japanese food, but I don't love it. I think I like their snacks more than their main dishes.
Exams went well. My brain is pretty tired from all the cramming though. I was struggling to communicate fluently in English today. Words are just not forming sentences properly. I think it's a clear sign I'm brain-fried.
On a slightly disappointing note, on my way to my last exam this morning I crippled myself again. I was unexpectedly late and tried to run. Big mistake and actually I'm surprised/shocked a bit that my foot is still not recovering properly. Walking is absolutely fine, but running is somehow not. Right now netball is way out of the picture, I just have to focus on being able to run again.
After the exams I went out with my uni friends to eat at Shyun. I tried their special okonomiyaki on a skewer. I love okonomiyaki, so it was good. I shared this with Sherry and ordered a takoyaki. Mmm takoyaki. I like Japanese food, but I don't love it. I think I like their snacks more than their main dishes.
I realised I didn't talk about what happened on my actual birthday.
This year I banned all study on my birthday (but I still went to uni), which made me really happy, because for the past few years I was really stressed out. My lovely friends bought me a laptop case and filled in the missing volumes of Skip beat. So now I'm 20 and when I reflect on my teenage years, they were full of school, anime, manga, netball and YF. I am so grateful for the people I've met in high school. I really felt God's hand guiding me through my teens. He has closed some doors and opened many others and I've learnt to trust him and walk through those opened doors. And of course the end result is the person I am today. I am but clay in the potters hands, waiting to be moulded into a beautiful vessel fit for use. I'm proud to be a Christian, it is a happy and abundant life.
Aunty Christie made me a Chocolate ripple cake log at YF. It's so cute~
At the end of October we had a dumpling night at YF. It was soooo good. Ompho I need to organise more dumpling parties.
I have this Aunty who is my mum's friend and she never fails to send me something on my birthday. I seriously thank God for these people in my life. Their kindness and thoughtfulness is something I want to continue on to other people.
Green, squishy, smelly things = durian! The best fruit in the world!
Laptop case!
I also finally drank my first slurpee ever on 7/11/13!
It was so good, I have been missing out.







lool if she had said 'deceptively dangerous, dung-smelling things', I wouldn't have spent so long trying to decipher the message haha
ReplyDelete