Helloooo,
It's not the end of the year yet, but I'm in a reflective mood. I just came home from serving in the City Gospel Fellowship(CGF) by playing piano for the service. It was great fun and everyone said the singing was more enthusiastic than normal. I made three new friends and afterwards Dad had a committee meeting, so I accompanied Lyn to drop two of my new friends home in Bundoora. It's the first time I've been to that part of Melbourne and it was a beautiful summer-ish evening drive.
I'm glad that I went to CGF and met new people. It was really great, I ended up walking around the city and having some dins too.
This week I also caught up with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time. And when I saw them I realised how much I've grown (not literally) in the last 10-11 months. I realised I've come out of my shell more and am able to converse with new people a bit better. At the start of the year I was very against leading bible studies at YF and kept refusing. I felt like I wasn't ready or equipped to lead. But that was all excuses which I realised were based on nothing but my own stupidity. I was ready and have all the materials around me to lead, so I took the opportunities. I've led 3 bible studies in the last semester and received great feedback and spiritual understanding from digging deep into God's word. I like teaching and if it weren't for uni getting in the way, I'd like to teach more often.
One thing I learnt from YF this year is that God gives us talents and while some are obvious like music, others can be subtle. Some people have more talents and some less. For myself, I've been blessed with many talents and yet this year I've felt them increasing more and more.
- I've added to my musical talent by learning to play the guitar for YF.
- I've definitely given God my all in the choir and music ministry in church, and he has in turn blessed me with more piano students and a chance to play for a wedding. I was even able to teach music and piano to a large audience in a workshop in church.
- I've started to teach the YF and use my public speaking skills to work for God.
Every year I'm growing towards spiritual maturity, I can feel it and know it is by God's guidance. I can testify that God is real and working in my life every single day. And He loves me and I love Him too.
Week summary:
Tues - Finished exams, went to Shyun with uni mates and bible study prep.
Wed - Bible study prep and manga, taught piano
Thurs - Went grocery shopping with mum and bought new shoes, then had dinner at Samurai with church peeps
Fri - Cleaned my room and reorganised my shelves. Then went to YF to deliver my message. God surprised me with a big attendance of youth.
Sat - Tried to sell books on gumtree and went to Ikea to find a guitar bag, no success. At night I had dins at Red Gum with Joey, Caf, Eddy and Choo.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.