Last Saturday I headed down to Melbourne's first kwave festival at Federation Square.
Joey and I agreed to go a while back when we found out Simon, Martina and Soo Zee from Eat your Kimchi were coming :) I'm a big fan of their Youtube channel.
I got there at 11.45am, a bit earlier than expected, so I looked for Jess who was volunteering and found her inside the Barami costume. She texted me from inside the costume haha!
My uni mates came too but they weren't as interested in the kwave performances, more on their hunger pangs. So they went off to find food while I watched the various singing and dance performances.
Most of them were good, some of the singing made me cringe though. Too many off pitch notes, but I still applaud them for getting up and performing.
When Joey arrived at 1pm we were quite determined to get Eat your kimchi meet and greet passes. But they were handing them out to random loud and crazy fans. I like being crazy, just not publicly.
Even though we didn't get passes, we fortunately picked the right time to stand near their merchandise tent. They both walked right past :]

Joey and I agreed to go a while back when we found out Simon, Martina and Soo Zee from Eat your Kimchi were coming :) I'm a big fan of their Youtube channel.
I got there at 11.45am, a bit earlier than expected, so I looked for Jess who was volunteering and found her inside the Barami costume. She texted me from inside the costume haha!
My uni mates came too but they weren't as interested in the kwave performances, more on their hunger pangs. So they went off to find food while I watched the various singing and dance performances.
Most of them were good, some of the singing made me cringe though. Too many off pitch notes, but I still applaud them for getting up and performing.
When Joey arrived at 1pm we were quite determined to get Eat your kimchi meet and greet passes. But they were handing them out to random loud and crazy fans. I like being crazy, just not publicly.
Even though we didn't get passes, we fortunately picked the right time to stand near their merchandise tent. They both walked right past :]
Simon and Martina weren't going onstage till 6pm, so we decided to go purikura. Along the way we got caught up at Daiso. I love Daiso, so much fun Japanese shizz.
I haven't done purikura since middle school and whilst it was a bit embarrassing at the start, it was pretty fun :P
I haven't done purikura since middle school and whilst it was a bit embarrassing at the start, it was pretty fun :P




After that my uni mates went shopping and home, while Joey and I headed back to Fed Square for the rest of the festival. It started raining and a bigger crowd had gathered. So we decided to stand further back and watch.
At about 4.30pm we went to eat dins and chat at Nandos.
A tent was selling two wristbands for $5, so we split. Infinite for me and TVXQ for Joey.

At 6pm we waited for Simon and Martina to come out.
It was pretty cold and we were standing kind of far away on a ledge. It proved to be an advantageous spot because Martina spotted and pointed to us from the stage and waved :] yessss!
They were really lovely and funny during their Q&A session. Everyone was enjoying it so much.
And then in the middle of the session, I spotted Soozee walking around in the crowd :D
Joey and I got photos with her and she recorded us saying hi to Leigh. They are both part of the Eat your kimchi crew.
Joey and I got photos with her and she recorded us saying hi to Leigh. They are both part of the Eat your kimchi crew.
Good work Melbourne city, I had an awesome time.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.