Instagram

Instagram: @chibihands

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Psalm 119:11

Last year I focused on a verse from Philippians:

"Be careful for nothing; but in ever thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." 
Philippians 4:6

It was a very calming verse that helped me get through the busy exam year.
and haha it made me experience the next verse,

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus"

This year I shall focus on a well known verse from the Psalms.

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Psalm 119:11

It's time to train my memory by filling it with God's word and remove the rubbish thoughts.
This verse isn't about simple memorization of scripture, because what good would that do?
The psalmist never said to hide the word in my mind, but rather my heart
To truly try and understand the meaning and mystery of God's word,
so that I can treasure and abide by it,
that I might not sin against thee

There's no point in reading the bible if you don't apply it to your life.
How can you say you know God if you don't read his word?

It is a blessing to daily search the scriptures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.