This year I planned a trip overseas during my birthday, so I decided to celebrate in Aus a little earlier. October has been such a busy week with the Daylesford trip with the girls and then I spoke at YF on "I am a disciple-maker". I decided to invite everyone that I could on one night, which included church and high school friends. How I wish I could do this more often, because it was really fun and chill and I saw how much love God has shown to me through these people.
We went to Misty's Diner which was the only place I could find (thanks Brandon!) that held a group large enough. They were great, but I didn't realized they were going to have Halloween decorations haha. That made going to the toilet a bit difficult as there was a big fake spider on the wall.
We went to Misty's Diner which was the only place I could find (thanks Brandon!) that held a group large enough. They were great, but I didn't realized they were going to have Halloween decorations haha. That made going to the toilet a bit difficult as there was a big fake spider on the wall.
Anyway thanks Eddie for capturing some photos for me :D
I had the chicken and waffles :)
I'm thankful for the very old friends, like Sam who I've known since primary school. She has been a constant friend and support at church and now we even minister together. We may be different personality wise, but our love for God unites us.

I'm thankful for new friends like Jeremy and Steph who have just moved to Aus to settle. I've only known them for a couple of months, but they are quickly becoming my favourite people ^^
I'm grateful for my fellow co-leaders in YF ministry and those who have guided and supported me in prayers. And for those who I get to worship God alongside.
I'm thankful for my highschool friends, some of which aren't present. But I'm grateful that we still meet up multiple times a year. I'm grateful for every effort made to continue our friendships.
Long term friendships get harder as our lives get busier. But we must always make relationships our priority. Our relationship with God first and foremost, and then our relationships with people.
Love God and Love People, this is the greatest commandment Jesus has given to us.
Love God and Love People, this is the greatest commandment Jesus has given to us.
I'm thankful for all these people God has given me to love.
Matt 22: 36-40
"Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
Sometimes loving people can be pretty difficult and I get it wrong. But God is constantly correcting and guiding me in how to show His love to others. Love rejoices in truth, not evil. It bears, believes, hopes and endures in all things. 1 Cor 13. Thank you everyone who came ^^
The rest of the night was spent at Brandon's house playing Superfight! James bought it for my birthday and I was so eager to play because I love it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sunday we celebrated our church anniversary and I conducted the choir. We sung As the Deer and To God be the Glory. I felt so united in spirit and song with our choir during our second song that I cannot describe the joy! I remember taking such deep and staggered breaths because I couldn't contain my emotion as the choir sang "Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the earth hear His voice!" It was an outstanding performance full of the power of the Holy Spirit and a united voice and heart for God. Cara's mum who was visiting took me aside after church to rejoice in the choir ministry and really provoked me to record and post online our performances for the community.
On Sunday we celebrated our church anniversary and I conducted the choir. We sung As the Deer and To God be the Glory. I felt so united in spirit and song with our choir during our second song that I cannot describe the joy! I remember taking such deep and staggered breaths because I couldn't contain my emotion as the choir sang "Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the earth hear His voice!" It was an outstanding performance full of the power of the Holy Spirit and a united voice and heart for God. Cara's mum who was visiting took me aside after church to rejoice in the choir ministry and really provoked me to record and post online our performances for the community.
Praise the Lord for every practice and performance by our choir members. The joy of the Lord is my strength!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I end this post rather anticlimactically. On Sun night Jeremy held a surprise dinner for Steph in the city. He picked me up and we went to a Thai place in the city. I generally don't like Thai food, but this place had the nicest tabletop plates and cups etc.
I don't like coconut water very much, but I had to order it because the cup it came was so damn cute.
I don't like coconut water very much, but I had to order it because the cup it came was so damn cute.
Sometimes it's all about the aesthetic!















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.