Today is my birthday woohoo! Last day in China and we are back in Shanghai :)
I woke up to Sherry laughing in her sleep about "he's the president".
My calves were still burning from climbing the Yellow Mountains and it was especially difficult to walk down stairs. But today's plans were to head to Yu Garden.
We took a bus there (for 2 yuan *shock*!) and went through the shopping districts.
I woke up to Sherry laughing in her sleep about "he's the president".
My calves were still burning from climbing the Yellow Mountains and it was especially difficult to walk down stairs. But today's plans were to head to Yu Garden.
We took a bus there (for 2 yuan *shock*!) and went through the shopping districts.
This is my type of shopping aww yeah. Lots of people and amazing things to see.
I bought a lovely scrapbook from one of the stalls.

When I walked in the lady was so enthusiastic because we spoke in English. She suddenly told us she was a Christian and we rejoiced to answer we were too! She started playing Hillsong in the store when we said we were from Australia! It was like instant connection and I got her details when she begun to talk about church. Christianity is growing fast in China's underground churches, and I was really glad to finally meet a Christian in China :D! I had to get out of the store before I bought more things though. The owner was the artist and his notebooks were beautiful :)

When I walked in the lady was so enthusiastic because we spoke in English. She suddenly told us she was a Christian and we rejoiced to answer we were too! She started playing Hillsong in the store when we said we were from Australia! It was like instant connection and I got her details when she begun to talk about church. Christianity is growing fast in China's underground churches, and I was really glad to finally meet a Christian in China :D! I had to get out of the store before I bought more things though. The owner was the artist and his notebooks were beautiful :)
Then we found the pond area ^^
We had breakfast in this place
And I ate a massive birthday xiao long bao woohoo! Thanks for celebrating with me Sherry ^^
Food always seems more enjoyable with the right company. After breakfast, we headed out and bought fried bao. These were soooo delicious, I really love Shanghai's fried thick dumplings!
Sherry bought more snacks and then we headed to an arcade area. It was a store where we could play virtual reality games. It was okay but probably more for younger kids. They had wax figures and when I saw the lady with apparently the biggest breasts in the world, I was like "mammmooooooooooooo!"
When we got bored we went to Yu Garden! It was nice but there were lotsss of tourists. In Huangshan there were hardly any foreign tourists, but here it was packed. I liked the pavilions but the carps and turtles were the best :P
turtlee~
The carps' mouths go blob, blob, blob, blob
Then we went back to our hotel and Sherry had to catch her flight. Unfortunately she had cut her timing too close and we were rushing like mad people through the streets and trains. I accidentally ran over a pedestrians foot with my luggage but couldn't even stop to say sorry >_<"
This was the most stressed I've ever seen Sherry! I was fine because my flight was way later in the day, so I just tried to follow her.
As we were changing trains she dashed onto the packed carriage and I tried following her in. But it was way too full and Sherry tried to pull out but got stuck in the train doors, while I got stuck between the train doors and the platform barricades! We looked at each other and silently agreed to say goodbye then and there. It was like the most dramatic scene of my life HAHAHA! Play the kdrama background OST because it felt like time slowed down as we said our quick farewells.
Thus ends my holiday in China! I really, really enjoyed running around the country with Sherry :D
The best highlight was climbing Huangshan and eating the hotel chef's food. Seeing the mountains was really, really beautiful and my heart rejoiced in the wonder of God's awesome handiwork.
I think I would like to go back to China while I'm still fit and climb the Tiger Leaping Gorge or even go back to Huangshan, because there were many areas I didn't explore.
This was the most stressed I've ever seen Sherry! I was fine because my flight was way later in the day, so I just tried to follow her.
As we were changing trains she dashed onto the packed carriage and I tried following her in. But it was way too full and Sherry tried to pull out but got stuck in the train doors, while I got stuck between the train doors and the platform barricades! We looked at each other and silently agreed to say goodbye then and there. It was like the most dramatic scene of my life HAHAHA! Play the kdrama background OST because it felt like time slowed down as we said our quick farewells.
Thus ends my holiday in China! I really, really enjoyed running around the country with Sherry :D
The best highlight was climbing Huangshan and eating the hotel chef's food. Seeing the mountains was really, really beautiful and my heart rejoiced in the wonder of God's awesome handiwork.
I think I would like to go back to China while I'm still fit and climb the Tiger Leaping Gorge or even go back to Huangshan, because there were many areas I didn't explore.
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.