In the morning we ate another breakfast buffet (soo delicious) and then we packed up to hike the rest of the journey. Unfortunately today the weather wasn't as pleasant. It was super cloudy that we couldn't view anything. We only had like a quarter of the mountain ranges to go, and we were determined to walk as much as we could.
I found more photos from the first day.
We talked to this old couple who were freaking amazing at hiking. The man was 75 and the lady 69.
#fitnessgoals
I was so sore from day one haha
Anyway the weather today wasn't that great. It was super duper foggy so we couldn't see any views. We were told that the weather was very unpredictable, so there was no point in reading weather reports. I was thankful that we saw majority of the views on the first day.
There was one stairway which we were told to avoid because it was 70 deg steep. But somehow I think we found it and Sherry was confident in climbing down...so heck I just followed because I couldn't be bothered going the long way around. It was super narrow and steep and people have died going up and down it :/
Today it was wet, so I was kinda nervous going down. It was so steep and narrow that we had to walk sideways.
About halfway down, there was a whole bunch of people coming up which made it pretty tricky to climb. Sherry was fine, but I gripped the side rails so tightly that my hands were red. I thought this stairway would end pretty quickly, but I couldn't tell because of the fog. It felt like we were climbing down for ages. In that moment it was like, JUST KEEP GOING because there's no way easy way out.
After that we took a little break and I was talking to Sherry about my girl problems. My period decided to come last night, so my body was doubly tired. While I was talking about it, a young guy suddenly asked me "Are you from America?" and I replied "No, Australia! ... ... audalia!"
Then he started conversing with Sherry and I begun to worry if he had understood our private topic. I was talking pretty loudly because I thought nobody would understand, but I realized I shouldn't assume that hahaha! Later on he actually complimented my Chinese (all I said was audalia) which made me laugh. God bless his soul, my Chinese is terrible.
We finally took the cableway down after seeing the greeting pine, and then we boarded the bus back down the mountain :) This was the view from the bottom.
When we got off the bus, we decided to walk back to our hotel. I think after climbing Huangshan mountain, we felt like walking back was a breeze. Personally I feel like I can never complain about my period anymore. Usually I get so run down that I can't walk/work at my normal pace, but today I survived climbing a freaking mountain.
On the way back we stopped at this glass shop on the side road. Since primary school, I've always been fascinated by glass sculpting. I find it so interesting, so I just sat and watched this guy make little Christmas trees for Japan. I really wanted to try it too, but I didn't dare :P
I bought this little glass rooster. It's actually the wild chicken from Huangshan area which we ate on the first day.
I bought some shaobing and then we ate lunch at the hotel. The chef made us this fresh water fish and oh my goodness, this was the best fish meal I've ever had in my lifeee! IT WAS SO GOOD TT^TT
There was a fire underneath the tray that kept everything warm. The seasoning was so delicious and even though I almost choked on a fish bone, it was worth it.
When we left the hotel, I gave them two packs of Tim tams. We found out that the manager started this hotel with some of his high school friends which was pretty cool. The hotel was pretty average, but their service was really good. I really liked the people I met in Huangshan :)
At 2:30pm we caught the bus back to Shanghai and arrived there at night. When we went hunting for food, I was really surprised by the roadside BBQ culture. It was really interesting how people just set up their open BBQ and Sherry was super excited to eat. I ordered takeaway dumplings from a restaurant because I was a little cautious eating street food (though I reckon I would've been fine), but it was fun soaking up the night atmosphere. There were mainly school kids and uni students floating around, and we just sat on little stools and tables on the pathway, just eating and watching :)












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.